Running Light/Switchback Problem

slep_rock

Registered
I've had the switchbacks a few years now with no problems until now. After the bike runs for a few minutes (warms up) my right switchback goes complete out whenever the brakes are engaged; it doesn't matter if its the front, rear or combination. Once the brakes are released the light goes back to the normal running white light. Squeezing the brakes with the right turn signal engaged works fine. Turn signals and emergency still flashes the orange, no problems there.
I sat and left the lights on with the bike not running for 10mins or so..no problems..(pressed the brakes and running lights stayed white ) ...restarted the bike, 3mins later, same problem..only the right switchback goes out.

I pulled the right fairing and cover for that side..didn't see any melted or burned wires (as if something were touching)

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Big Syd

Without being there to look at it. This is only an educated guess, but if your using a shared ground for the relays, check there for an intermittent connection. also on the check the + side of the relays as well.

Swap the bulbs side to side and see if the problem moves!
If i does it the bulb!

Back