Royal Purple 10w-40 Oil

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Hey, don't want to cause a stampede but thought I would share this. I just came from Advance Auto Parts to buy oil/filter for BLUSA's first oil change. I called and they have the RP MTRCYCLE oil and KN Filter. I go and the guy rang it up.... $2.50 per quart. What... yep! Code 5... clearance! Great. I'll take all you have! So, I do not know if this is just Colorado Springs but would venture to say... maybe nation wide... I don't know. Call and see. Advance Auto SKEW: 99983726 and Part #: 01315. Hope it's marked down for you guys/gals as well. Oh, Happy Easter all!

I got 3 quarts from them last month on clearence @ 4 bucks each . need to find a 4th qt lol . Not a big RP fan as seemed to work no better than xyz brand at a few bucks less per qt . @ that price though I jumped on it

and what's your point? Way to much touchy feely poop on here and not at all like the old days. I sure could have... you are not the only one who may want additional info. I thought here is a good link to show the product along with reviews and price. No thoughts at all of anything but being helpful. I'd give your click back if I could.
Ya coulda just said yes instead of sending me to Amazon...

I opened the link, in my opinion, it was a good source of info & the 2nd line, 2nd word, top left, it does say, "synthetic".

I used Royal Purple 10w30 car oil in my Busa, and not motorcycle specific( at 2500 miles after breaking in on conventional oil, and couple changes). About 15k miles...possibly half that on one wheel. So the engine was leaned way back.
Clutch never slipped, engine ran good as new.
So, what oil is still an opinion.
But I ran the heck outta my bike on Royal Purple, with zero issues.
So it does work well.

I have run RP since the first oil change. Last summer I got Gixerhp to check the valves (at 58K). The topend was clean enough to eat off of, cleanest John had ever seen. Also, no ajustments were needed.

I like the oil

Roger that. I have all the faith in this oil and run it in all my cages. Thanks for your input and just going to roll with this in the Blusa!

I have run RP since the first oil change. Last summer I got Gixerhp to check the valves (at 58K). The topend was clean enough to eat off of, cleanest John had ever seen. Also, no ajustments were needed.

I like the oil

Back