Royal Purple?

Pearso

Registered
6000kms in 3 months means its time for synthetic, I've been looking at reviews on the net and all have somewhat mixed results, I read a comparison a year or 2 ago that said Royal Purple was damn fine oil, but now everything I read says its not great ???and I need Amsoil (which is pretty damn hard to get where I live:banghead:), I was using Moblie 1 in my old bike and didn't have to many probs.

My Questions:

Any1 used Royal Purple?/what did you think?

What are your thoughts on the others?:please::beerchug:

I don't think you can beat Mobil 1, I've used it for years never a problem, but then again I haven't heard of any brand causing engine failure. It comes down to whatever suits your fancy. You'll find a million different opinions here.

I have been using Royal Purple for almost 2 years and I swear by it. Also, it is so slick that my mpg went up by about 2 under the exact same conditions...measured over 3 tanks before and after...love the stuff...what bad press did you read? 2hip

I used the old formula of mobile 1. the mx4t for the first 38k miles on the bike with no issues. felt it was a good oil and i could get it easily. Since the new stuff is different i changed to amsoil. who can say if it matters really. I did a lot of internet research when i decided on amsoil.

no real bad press, the first test I read compared all the synth oils on the market (in Aus at the time, amsoil wasn't included but mob1 was) back to back, and RP killed em in every way, but over the past week or so I've been looking at online reveiws and many say RP rates down the list after Mob1 Amsoil and a few others, its hard to know who funds comparisons for products nowadays and its important to me that the bike gets the best i can give it (if there is actually a best) anyway I'm thinking I'll go talk to the dsitributor and give it a go, worst case I use somthing different next time I spose:beerchug:

I use Royal Purple in my Harley. I like it because I actually lowered my engine temp by about 15 degrees using it. I have tried the Harley synthetic along Golden Spectra Synthetic but like the royal purple better.
I have been running Amsoil in my Busa because a buddy gives me a great deal on it. $4 a quart. He cant give me the same deal for my Harley oil so I stick to the royal purple on my Harley.
Just my 2 pennies

I run repsol full synthetic 10w 40 in my busa, noticed a huge difference when I changed to it, not cheap but great oil!

I use Mobil 1 :thumbsup:

Mobil_1_Racing_4T_10W40_Motor_Oil_detail.jpg

6000kms in 3 months means its time for synthetic, I've been looking at reviews on the net and all have somewhat mixed results, I read a comparison a year or 2 ago that said Royal Purple was damn fine oil, but now everything I read says its not great ???and I need Amsoil (which is pretty damn hard to get where I live:banghead:), I was using Moblie 1 in my old bike and didn't have to many probs.

My Questions:

Any1 used Royal Purple?/what did you think?

What are your thoughts on the others?:please::beerchug:

I am not sure where you live but you can always sing up to be a dealer for $20.00 a year like i did and get the Amsoil at a very good price. You might find that you might use it in your other vehicles also. Look on line here Amsoil Synthetic Oil Change! Amzoil-Best synthetic oil! Some say Emsoil, Amsiol, Amsol Get an Amsoil packet to sing up. Good luck

I did a test on my 2003 Suburban. 87,000miles and I drive HARD, I pull a trailer pretty regular too. I have used Pennzoil and Castrol since buying it new in 2003. I change oil/filter every 3-4000 miles and the oil is always BLACK/burnt. I tried Rotella T 15w40 on my last oil change and was very impressed. I went 6300 miles on the Rotella T:whistle: by accident. When I dropped the oil it was still pretty clean(brown) not black. Thats all I needed to see. Rotella t and Rotella Synthetic for me.:bowdown:

Back