Roll Racing What Gearing For A Gen 2?

FILT166

Registered
No one digs much here but we're trying to get it going, no track around here to drag race.
Anyhow, most races are around 60-180 mph runs + or - on the hit and top end.
On a gen 2 that puts us at around the top of 5th gear if I'm correct or am I wrong?
Stock wheel base on a gen 2 with a Brock's n dyno tune in first at 60mph is not easy to do as u can't hammer it so 2nd is easier to hammer at 60 mph.
So would going 1 d 2 u be too much gearing ?
We'd have to use 6th gear now but should be way in front if the front end stays down.
Just trying to get some ideas from anyone who's done anything similar.

Haha this was an old post but them gen 5 zx10s smash us busas mod per mod.
Zx10s will even pull a small shot busa with ease on a roll race.
Seen it with my own eyes and we have videos to prove it.
It sux but the new liter bikes aren’t a joke when piped and tuned.

I sat on a ZX10 and I'll tell you, I sure couldn't ride it very far.

I know people who have them and they said they are very focussed to ride. If the winds are high or the roads are real rough, they say they are not fun to ride at all. Forget about getting stuck in any type of traffic...

More to a package than outright speed IMO.

Yellow I rode one also, it’s not for me but if it’s all I had to ride. I guess we can get used to anything. I felt like I was high in the sky riding it.
I remember when I transitioned from a gsxr 600 to my 1st busa, it was love.
My son rode my busa vs his zx10. He wished he could own both as the busa is more comfy he said.
The newer younger crowd only cares who faster on these roads today.
The new liter bikes aren’t a joke, they all pull a gen 2 tuned and piped busa.
It’s not the rider, it’s the bikes, they are just faster

Yellow I rode one also, it’s not for me but if it’s all I had to ride. I guess we can get used to anything. I felt like I was high in the sky riding it.
I remember when I transitioned from a gsxr 600 to my 1st busa, it was love.
My son rode my busa vs his zx10. He wished he could own both as the busa is more comfy he said.
The newer younger crowd only cares who faster on these roads today.
The new liter bikes aren’t a joke, they all pull a gen 2 tuned and piped busa.
It’s not the rider, it’s the bikes, they are just faster

Yep, it has to happen, technology waits for nobody...

Remember the Hayabusa is basically a 20+yr old design..of course it was revisited in 2008 but the leap forward was not gigantic. It is a testament to the design of the Busa to make the other companies scramble to beat it.

Whereas the liter bikes are based on superbikes and that tech has been going forward in order for those bikes to remain on par with each other. There really has been no reason to progress the Hayabusa and maybe there never will be.

Yeah your right, no need to really make the busa faster or revamp it.
The busa had its glory days many many years back.
Today, the super bikes get a make over about every 2 years it seems.
And the young crowd will buy them every time to be the new kid on the block.
What’s really sucks is that a stg 1 turbo busa, a 1441 busa, a 40 shot busa and a Kwai 14r piped and tuned have a very hard time beating a zx10, r1, gix1k & a bmw when the two sport bikes have been tuned on e85/x85 and with bolt ones. It makes it hard to really dump money into a gen 2 knowing your gona need more to beat them.

Yeah your right, no need to really make the busa faster or revamp it.
The busa had its glory days many many years back.
Today, the super bikes get a make over about every 2 years it seems.
And the young crowd will buy them every time to be the new kid on the block.
What’s really sucks is that a stg 1 turbo busa, a 1441 busa, a 40 shot busa and a Kwai 14r piped and tuned have a very hard time beating a zx10, r1, gix1k & a bmw when the two sport bikes have been tuned on e85/x85 and with bolt ones. It makes it hard to really dump money into a gen 2 knowing your gona need more to beat them.

That's the reason people who want dominance either turbo their bike or move onto a platform which is already dominate (for the time being).

Hayabusa bikes (and ZX14R) are still dominating as far as torque numbers go as far as I know.

I am not interested in street dominance and wouldn't trade my love of my bike for any of those other bikes.

If one starts down that rabbit hole they will spend all their time trying to be number one only to spend most of their time really being behind the number one bike.

Last edited:
Back