Anyone do roll-ons with their Gen I against a Gen II? How did you fare?

You may want to have the bike dyno tuned. The stock Brock map is a Drag racing map that is very rich. Makes great top end power. On the negative side it is not optimal for every day street use in my opinion. Mine was dynod by Smithers in K.C. and made 169 hp after tune with the same mods you have. Bike is much better overall with the custom map. Hope that helps.

Drew, i ran a "Hot weater" map from Brock for use in hot weather or higher altitudes. It is leaner than the std map. I agree dyno tuning would be benificial(very much so from my experiance), though there is not a dyno real close. I would also not wanna dyno mine with the exhaust issue as i would be wasting time and $$$. I have an Innovate LM-1 i will use to dial in the mapping but again, it would be a waste for me at the moment.
Yours is in the neighborhood of what i thinking and that is helpful info.
Now...forget i said anything about hp, dynos, my junky bike etc...:thumbsup:

Mark. My bike has a TiForce pipe, a 45t sprocket and tuned thru the ecu, lowered in the second hole and 1 1/4 in the front.
My buddy has a 06 with small box mod, 16t and lowered the same, no tune, but is quicker since it was too fat and the box mod leaned it abit.
Second gear roll at about 70. I let him hit it first. At the third gear shift i'm rolling past him. The farther we go, the farther I go out on him. I mean like bad. Probably 20 bikes by 5th gear. We weigh the same.

Mark. My bike has a TiForce pipe, a 45t sprocket and tuned thru the ecu, lowered in the second hole and 1 1/4 in the front.
My buddy has a 06 with small box mod, 16t and lowered the same, no tune, but is quicker since it was too fat and the box mod leaned it abit.
Second gear roll at about 70. I let him hit it first. At the third gear shift i'm rolling past him. The farther we go, the farther I go out on him. I mean like bad. Probably 20 bikes by 5th gear. We weigh the same.

Chris,
Your taking about your Gen II with the pipe and gearing, right? Did your buddy have a pipe on his Gen I? Thats what i figured a good running, piped/geared Gen II would do against a similarly setup Gen I. Kinda like comparing a stk Gen I to a stk Gen II. Have you lined up with a nicely setup Gen I with 1397? I know this is a different situation than my original question but would be interesting to know.

He has a stock pipe, but it's the closest I could get to your senerio.
I never got to run him when it was all stock.

I gottcha! Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:
I see your still doing your best to keep me from riding a Gen II(you did tell me to stay off them)...lol
Your not very convincing btw...:laugh:

Has anyone with a piped Gen I done any roll-ons against a stk Gen II? If so, what specifically was done to the Gen I and what was the outcome???

A Gen 1 with the Yoshimura cams- pipe and a little headwork will out HP a bone stock GenII by a good bit. 185-195 hp depending on the dyno. Weighs less as well.

A well kept and tuned Gen1 with those mods motored away from a stock 2009 GenII from 5k rpm in 2nd gear . It's an everyday driver and canyon carver - no funny business with gas or engine oil.

Since you asked about the 1397 - well , with Megacycle street cams and light valve springs so it's the same everyday engine , the GenII better have more than a pipe :thumbsup:

My Gen II is factory stock, no pipes, nada. I had two situations:

A well tuned in excellent condition with pipe and PC 5 Gen I tried to haul me in, we were close to 100 mph, I saw him coming too late, so he passed me by about 3 bike lengths at 100. At around 170 (speedo indication) I passed him with about 3 bike lengths ahead.

A buddy and I did roll-ons from 60 to 130 a number of times, I pulled away from him comfortably every time. His bike dyno'd 162 hp.

I'd mod my bike with more power but the dollar per horsepower is obscene on motorcycles. I'm spoiled from two strokes! Cams costing $700??? That is insane robbery and raping of the customer. The prices are just too high on most power parts. Oh and $1200 for a 4 cylinder header and exhaust??? CRAZY! Car headers and exhaust cost a fraction of that. Someone is being bent over and I thinks it's us.......:moon:

My Gen-I with all the bolt-on's dynoed at 164STD around 100TQ, my Gen-II dynoed 194.7STD and 114.7TQ.....I say they aren't comparable from a TOP END race. Almost a 10-12mph difference in 1-mile but they can be close in the 1/4 depending on rider.

Brock's setup bikes went what 9.30's on a Gen-I and 8.90's on a Gen-II... :whistle:

I have a feeling what you are asking.......my answer is GO BUY A GEN-II... :laugh:

Last summer a friend and I did a 6th gear roll-on on the highway from ~110kph. His: 2008 with Yosh full 4-into-1 but otherwise stock. Mine: 2001 with dual Yosh slip-ons and a K&N filter. I pulled away from him right away and stayed ahead until we both backed off ~160kph. He thought I cheated by being in 5th but it was fair. The difference was that at the time, he was 245lbs whereas I weighed in at 190.

This year he's down to 195 and I'm up to, well, 195 so he'd probably beat me now. I did add a GiPro TRE though so maybe I might be able to keep up. :whistle:

Come up to the LBK and give me some riding pointers, then pull up beside me at the tree :laugh: then we can go do some roll ons later for hands on experience with the matter, then the following saturday morning we can go around to look at new or used Gen 2's. Hahah.

Come up to the LBK and give me some riding pointers, then pull up beside me at the tree :laugh: then we can go do some roll ons later for hands on experience with the matter, then the following saturday morning we can go around to look at new or used Gen 2's. Hahah.

Ha! I shoulda expected that, huh!? I'll be glad to help you all i can but i don't want no cry'n when an old fat guy on an old wore out Gen I gets the better of ya in the 1/8! lol
Mine won't compete from a roll as yours has a pipe and gearing. Though i would love to have a Gen II, I have what I have and I'm happy(its paid for!). I just figure a piped/geared Gen I should run about the same as a STOCK Gen II and have wondered if my old wore out bike ran like it should and if not, then i need to figure out why.

lol. hey man, PAID FOR is the key words! that is my two favorite words of all. would be interesting to hear/see your versus question your inquiring about. A well tuned piped/geared gen 1 vs. a bone stock gen 2 might be a close one, especially from a dig (depending on the riders of course). After a tune by cheese and a test run nearby his shop, I was shocked what a good tune does for a bike, wasn't sure i would even be able to tell much... It was like I drove the wrong bike out of the shop, daylight and dark.

Back