Rode Cheaha Mountain Alabama today...

Cool place to ride!  Shoulda called me  - I'da gone!!!  Take a day to get there of course.... ;)

So HOW did you snap a pic of the camera with the camera strapped down??   See!  I don't miss a beat!  Me so smart!
UH...Bullet? Just how the hell did you do that? Or were you home and grabbed the big guns? I would find a thin piece of High Density foam or something and put a little padding under that bad boy though. Wouldn't want the vibes to 86 yer 990.

I am thinking my next camera will be the little digital Elph, small enough to take everywhere and resolution enough for decent pics...

Sweet pics BTW, and I dunno what the hell that ugly freakin bug is but I would leave it alone, looks like something that would Suuuck...Get it?

Cool place to ride!  Shoulda called me  - I'da gone!!!  Take a day to get there of course.... ;)

So HOW did you snap a pic of the camera with the camera strapped down??   See!  I don't miss a beat!  Me so smart!
Would have loved to have you. It was a last minute thing, really. I had decided last night not to go because I had some stuff that I needed to do, but when I woke up this morning I said what the heck and just took off. I really needed the mental break and the ride done the trick. :cool:

As for snappin' the pic with the camera strapped down... I shot that one at home with the "real" digital gear after the ride. ;)

UH...Bullet?  Just how the hell did you do that?  Or were you home and grabbed the big guns?  I would find a thin piece of High Density foam or something and put a little padding under that bad boy though.  Wouldn't want the vibes to 86 yer 990.

I am thinking my next camera will be the little digital Elph, small enough to take everywhere and resolution enough for decent pics...

Sweet pics BTW, and I dunno what the hell that ugly freakin bug is but I would leave it alone, looks like something that would Suuuck...Get it?
Yeah, I whipped out the real gear to do that shot. I gotta get a backpack or something so I can take the real camera when I ride somewhere that I might take pictures. It is a huge let down workin' with the 990 files after workin' with files from the Canon toys I'm used to now.

And yes, the foam is a good idea. I have a tight fittin' padded leather case for that camera as well. If it doesn't add too much bulk and make it hard to strap the camera in and get it out I may just keep the camera in that and strap it in. Even better than foam because it'll keep the dust out as well.

Hope I don't have to use the 990 much longer though. I need to get the Canon digital Elph sent off to see if they can fix it. I've really missed that little thing. I *REALLY* missed it today! :sad:

Very nice pics Looks like a great ride
Thanks. I had a blast even though some of the road across the mountain was being resurfaced and I could only play on one side. Luckily the side I had to play on is about 12 miles or so long. Made several runs in both directions. :super:

I hope all of us GA busa riderz can hook up some day and go there when the whole road is open. So far, all the local rides have been on my work days. Eventually it'll have to fall the other way, though. ;)

Hey Bullet. Great pics, Love to see the US!
As far as the bug,with that snout, looks like some sort of Weevil. Dont have many of them up this way, so I cant help much on that.
Stay safe,

Man, that is one ugly bug. In the second shot it was looking at you like you were the ugly one, I'm sure it could do some damage if it got to you. Nice bike shots also.

Hey Bullet. Great pics, Love to see the US!
As far as the bug,with that snout, looks like some sort of Weevil. Dont have many of them up this way, so I cant help much on that.
Stay safe,
Thanks Kev. and creeper. I don't know what kind of bug it is either, but it only rared back like that when I'd get close to take a photo. Defensive lil bastage! :laugh:

Mountains in Alabama? I did not know that.....wild stuff..wild stuff.

Nah really, looks like a great ride and a great bike. Still need to trim that fender BT. Damn I hope I don't see any of those friggin bugs up in VA. Yikes.

Yep, this mountain is actually the highest point in AL... well, according to the website anywayz. Didn't actually measure 'em all myself. ;)

Thanks for yer comments, and yes, I need to trim the fender. Just haven't thought about it lately. Might do it this afternoon. Was thinkin' about doin' the wire mesh mod to the fairings as well. We'll see...

:p Hey, man, BACK OFF! I'm leaving my fender exactly as is!! :D Factory, Stock, New condition FOREVER, warning labels and all. hahahahahhaha

Back