I went for a little 250 mile sprint today.

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I went down to Sand Mountain Alabama and went riding with my brother on his cruiser.

The first stop was a cool little grocery store with an awesome name. This place was once called Clifton's corner and from first to seventh grade I got off one school bus and caught another here...

p1060601.jpg

My big brother:beerchug:

p1060604.jpg

They tell me that my mom lived in this house when she was a child...

p1060606.jpg

Of course I have to get in the picture...

p1060611.jpg

From there we headed down the mountain and the Tennessee river basin for some lunch. We saw some nice rocks on the way down the mountain...

p1060612.jpg

I think I'm in this picture...

p1060617.jpg

The South Sauty Grill at the Creek Camp is becoming one of our favorite eating places, but today I felt like a space alien considering the way everyone was staring at me. There were lots of Harleys and other cruisers there but I guess they had never seen the likes of me...

p1060618.jpg

I usually have chicken fingers but today I went with the wings...mmmm good...

p1060620.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All through with lunch and ready to hit the road...

p1060624.jpg

Notice where the Harley was parked beside me:laugh:

p1060625.jpg

A photo op on top of the mountain overlooking the Tennessee River...

p1060630.jpg

p1060631.jpg

p1060632.jpg

Our final stop was to visit my friends Cathy and Jim and see their new house.

p1060635.jpg

On the way home two Busas passed me on I-59 in Sulfur Springs Alabama, but they were running much faster than I was in the mood for so I just waved as they went by:)

It was an absolute beautiful day for a ride, clear skies and around 70F:cheerleader:

Last edited:
Looks like you had a good time, thanks for the pics.

Nope that is one of my oldest brother's girlfriends he is 73 now...there wasn't anything melancholy about today...we had a great time:)

Last edited:
I went down to Sand Mountain Alabama and went riding with my brother on his cruiser...

nice pics :thumbsup:

I was riding in that same area today for a Meet & Greet with the AL chapter of the SOC. My first time over that way and I had a good time.

Don't recall seeing many other busa's, but there was plenty of cruisers around.

Last edited:
nice pics :thumbsup:

I was riding in that same area today for a Meet & Greet with the AL chapter of the SOC. My first time over that way and I had a good time.

Don't recall seeing many other busa's, but there was plenty of cruisers around.

Cool...I'll be heading back there on the 27th. Going to LA (Lower Alabama) next weekend :)

you were not implying you make the Dawg wet its pants are you ? :rofl:

another fine day of "Riding with Don" :thumbsup:

Very cool, nice ride, great to be able to spend time with your bro like that, both riding! :beerchug:

Back