Roberto Jorge and Badagindo (Dave) ride in Phoenix (some pics)

OB_Badagindo

Registered
Hooked up with Roberto Jorge for a little ride this Saturday. Fun to see another 'busa being ridden. Started at a Krispie Kreme Donut parking lot, then to Phoenix International Raceway where Dave thought there was supposed to be a suprbike school going (wasn't). Then out I-10 for a few miles, and back to Glendale for a few twisties. I posted some pics of our bikes at "www.grenda.com"

My admiration to Roberto. Gentleman, scholar and one really nice guy. Oh, and can HE RIDE. Very safe, well equipped.

Out on I-10 I reached 130 for the first time, I was impressed with myself. He just followed right along, easily staying with me. Then on the way back I was cruising at 95 and Roberto came by from behind for a run up to 170!!!!! I saw it with my own eyes. Unbelievable.

You meet the nicest people at 'busa.org!!

P.S. Law Enforcement disclaimer: The speeds indicated here are of course in "feet per minute".

[This message has been edited by Badagindo (edited 08 April 2000).]

Hey Badagindo and Roberto. James here I have to take my son up to Casa Grande to meet his mother half way on Sunday. I could have my girl drive the car an I my bike. Im not familiar with the Phoenix area too much but if you guys wanna meet up gimme a call or e-mail me and Ill supply my #. Its TJQ94@aol.com. Id love to see the black/red/blue all together drop me a line if ya think this possible. Sorry im not sure what time yet. Thanks James

Hi Dave,

The pictures came out great. Next time let's take a picture as we ride. Hope I can keep "YOUR" camera steady at 130 MPH, ha ha ha!
Had a great time too. We need to get more PHX BUSA's together for one big ride before I go back to Miami.
TJQ94 Sorry I missed your post, don't have a computer at home. I would have liked to go for a ride with you and Badagindo. Let me know what your plans are for next Saturday or Sunday.

Ride Safe, RJ

Roberto,glad you're meeting friends in Az. The Spring run is going to happen in about two weeks at Laughin Neveda,BullHead city Az around April 26-29 time frame.I'm not going to make it this year due to the water damage in our house and the money I had to put into it to fix it up but if you are still in Az until the end of the month you need to check out the Spring run,lots of hot Harleys and bikes and crazies,but be careful if you go to Oakmead old town cause the cops are every where on that road and you can't split lanes like you do in California.Anyways take care and ride safe.

Ok guys lets make this happen...I have to ride from Tucson but as you know thats not too far. Since I am not familiar with Phoenix Ill need directions to the meeting point. Someone from Phoenix will have to take the ball here. Id like to see alot of guys show for a ride this coming weekend. All bikes and riders invited. Sure would make a great picture for Badagindo to post. As matter as a fact do you wanna arrange this? Hopefully ill have my pipes polished by then but well see. Ill set the times and place if need be however would be easier if one of you Phoenix guys did....I believe most of the riders in AZ are in Phoenix. I would love to get you all down to Tucson for a days run up Mt. Lemmon however.....James

Hey that works for me lots and lots of places to go in Tucson. Saturday is a good day for me and seems Sundays are a busy day for most. Anyone interested post here and well contact all of ya and arrange this

Hey there Boys,

Mind if a ZX11 tags along? I promise to keep up until 180 mph. Saturday and Sunday afternoon's work best for me. 1-4 PM? This next weekend sucks, hiking grand Canyon. Next Saturday would work? Next Sunday is Easter, that's out. Saturday 29th works? Weekend after that I'm in Vegas and Seattle.

Big Papa, thought hard Saturday night about hitting the deal on Pima and Indian Bend, were you out there? Maybe some other time, what is a good time to swing through there?

Bob'98ZX11

A ride to tucson next weekend (Saturday 4-22-00) sounds like fun to me. could take the back way for better ride and less traffic. Could meet at U.S. 60 and Country Club at the waffle house or Dennys at about 8:00-9:00.

Let me know who is interested, and I am sure non-busa's would be welcome as well.

rvpuckett@msn.com

TJ-

Time is a killer for me, in fact I had to bug out on Roberto by about 10AM when we rode. Next couple of weeks/weekends my son is working on his Eagle Scout project.

<sigh> 1 wife + 3 kids = 1 busa + no time

I kinda have to grab it when I can, so I'll stay tuned to anything someone else sets up, and if I can swing it I will.

Thanks

918rider are you near PHX?

TJQ94 I would like to ride to Tucson and meet you there. You can be the tour guide!

Badagindo a ride to Tucson would be great.
If anyone wants to contact me my work number is 480 988-7882 Mon - Fri 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.

Ciso San Jose Sure would be nice if you could make it to Laughlin. Would be great to meet you and ride. I may go with my Harley friends. Getting used to the seat, so far so good.

Ride Safe, RJ

Cant attend yet. Soon though. Only waiting on the new valvesprings/ti retainers as far as parts go. Motor is in final mock up right now. Might have to remove balancer and gear due to stroke increase and get it balanced. That wont take long. By the way, Im in Mesa.

918rider - Great! Let's meet at 8:00 AM Saturday at Denny's near 60 and 87 (Country Club drive). We can all leave at 9:00 AM and since you know the best way you can lead us to Tucson.

TJQ94 - Since we promise to keep it under 180 for Bob Judge, where's a good place to meet up with you?

Bob Judge - Don't worry about the top end, the last time I was with Badagindo we only did 130 together. I know that after you ride with a pack of BUSA'S you are going to trade your bike in at Tucson! :)

Badagindo - Sure would be nice if you can make it. You can document the whole event. It sure will not be the same without you.

Tom McQueen - Since you live in Mesa, as I do, I would love to see your bike. I also would like to ask you who in this area you would recommend to DYNO my bike for a pipe that I'm getting? Give me a call at work if you get a chance, would love to hear about it. Number is 480 988-7882.

Ride Safe, RJ

I LOVE the back road to Tucson, does anyone have radar? I'm in but I might only be able to cruise as far as Florence due to a family commitment (watching my neices and nephews look for colored eggs, HOLY SH*T I'm getting old!). Are we leaving at 9:00 AM? If so I'll be ther at 8:45.

Bob

Bob Judge - I have a Valentine-1 on my bike. We will meet Saturday at Denny's and leave by 9:00AM.

Squid Vicious - Mill Ave sounds great but where is it, and at what time? Give be a call if you can. The number is on this post.

big popa - no problem, I did the same thing last time with jimjib and his group ride to Jerome. I had to turn back and go to work.

Tom McQueen - Can you recommend someone to dyno and remap my bike? Any help is welcomed

Badagindo - How's it look for Friday night and Saturday? Hope you can make it.

I was on the 101 loop Wednesday, and lo' and behold, another blue/silver 'busa pulls up next to me as I'm cruising along!! Youngish guy with a backpack on, brown hair (no helmet, yikes) We exchanged thumbs up, but didn't pull off to talk or anything. Still had the cardboard dealer license plate on. That makes 2 I've seen "in the wild". Other one was a red one up by arrowhead mall. Roberto makes 3. Anyone know these other guys?

Roberto- I was telecommuting Wednesday! So I missed your call at work!

Bob - Roberto has radar, and some other cool electronic mods he did himself.

Squid - What goes on at Mill avenue?

Wow! Looks like AZ has a decent batch of 2-wheel jet pilots!

Back