Robber fatally shot in Miami Burger King holdup

now that is some funny stuff JellyRug... :rofl:

Historical Fun Fact:

Ya know the "tooth brush" was invented in Tennessee... any place else, it would be called a "teeth brush" :whistle:

XXX said:
if you cant see the diffence in scenarios then you are most likely the same type of person that cant see the forrest through the trees..

scenario 1> guy enters burger king with a mask and demands $$,shows a gun (doesnt point it at anyone,just shows it,lifts a shirt or whatever) some cowboy with a permit pulls his piece and a "Gun fight" ensues

So I guess you are going to claim the robber shot at the "cowboy" in self defense.

:rofl::rofl:

So I guess you are going to claim the robber shot at the "cowboy" in self defense.

:rofl::rofl:

Well you know possession is 9/10ths?

technically if the guy had the store money in hand, he was defending his property like any good crook would... That would make the "cowboy" the real robber.. or at least a "co-robber" ?

:whistle: the possibilities are endless :laugh:

hard times! funny! I'm broke as a joke but I'm not going out there and rob someone. That's stupid. There's no excuse to rob anyone. Find a job instead of looking for an easy way out.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

all the guys who live out in Bumbblefuk have a different view on life,Living and working in a City you see alot of sh!t and trust me,there are no heros, heros around here are all dead.nobody carries a concealled weapon in the city,NOBODY that doesnt want to get shot by a cop, we have had 5 cops now,killed in the line of duty over the past 12 months in Philly,all shot....so walking around with a gun under your shirt or on a shoulder holster wont fly

I understand all you guys in the south and Midwest probably drive around with your damn rifles in the back window of your pickups,thats great,try that here and you wont get to far.

so from My perspective of 39yrs in the city of Philadelphia and im sure the guys in LA,NYC,DETROIT,CHICAGO,MIAMI ..etc can all relate..some joker wants to jack up a Burger King,let him,nobody cares ,get your cash and get lost,isnt none of my business, but try to jack up me or my family then game on,totally different story,and dont say im being hypocritical,because im not.

and to the comment about me being a Liberal...No,not even close.I see ppl living on the streets everyday,eating out of trashcans,havent took a bath in yrs,have nothing but a shopping cart full of heavy clothes for the winter they gaurd with their life 12 months a yr,there are desperate ppl out there,just because you dont see them doesnt make it non existant.ppl get desperate and will do desperated things to survive.Im not a liberal by any stretch,im just aware of things that happpen and know when to get involved and when not to.

trying to stop a burger king from getting jacked...not getting involved,that guy that did is either gonna die or go to jail....for what? for who?

you dont have to agree or like my statements,just as I dont agree with some of yours although I try to respect your opinions and views and put things in perspective,your life in the country,on the farm or mountain is alot different then the guys in the inner citys....obviously

Last edited:
My perspective the guy was commiting a crime. He was so set on commiting the crime he carried a firearm and was willing to commit MURDER for what? $100-200 Not only that he proved he was willing to commit murder when he pulled the gun and fired it.

I'd also say there was a pretty good chance he was a felon already and not legally in possession of the firearm. I'll further guess that he had a record and was on some sort of defered, parole, probation, or waiting on a court date of a crime he had already previously commited.

But I could be wrong..... I doubt it though.

Was the "hero" wrong for challenging him? I'm not sure. I can think of situations where it would have been justified. It may not have been in this case. We don't have the facts yet.

I'm not going to get into the knock down drag out here. I'll just ask that folks try TRY and be civil.

There's a Youtube video out there somewhere of a classic example of an armed Douche who has been watching too much TV. His initial shot while attempting to kill a robber was within just a few feet of a little girl on the counter.

Sounds to me like this Florida CCW might be a similar "too much TV" victim. NOW, did this hapless bastid feel his life was in jeopardy or the lives of others? Probably, Maybe, dunno wasn't there and neither were any of you.

If the police take statements and press charges then NO he wasn't justified. If they do NOT then he was justified. Let them figure it out.

Applying generic brain dead canned thought to any of this is just that Brain dead on either side. Saying "YA GOOD FOR HIM" is just as silly as saying "HE HAD NO JUSTIFICATION!"

If you weren't there... Yeah, probably best to just move on.

I'll add though, that the fact that NO innocents were hit likely means that the CCW holder may have at least considered/planned a backstop. Or just be a lucky idiot, either way, we will likely find out in a few months if the media reported anything other than sensational crap. So yeah.

I'm not going to get into the knock down drag out here. I'll just ask that folks try TRY and be civil.

There's a Youtube video out there somewhere of a classic example of an armed Douche who has been watching too much TV. His initial shot while attempting to kill a robber was within just a few feet of a little girl on the counter.

Sounds to me like this Florida CCW might be a similar "too much TV" victim. NOW, did this hapless bastid feel his life was in jeopardy or the lives of others? Probably, Maybe, dunno wasn't there and neither were any of you.

If the police take statements and press charges then NO he wasn't justified. If they do NOT then he was justified. Let them figure it out.

Applying generic brain dead canned thought to any of this is just that Brain dead on either side. Saying "YA GOOD FOR HIM" is just as silly as saying "HE HAD NO JUSTIFICATION!"

If you weren't there... Yeah, probably best to just move on.

I'll add though, that the fact that NO innocents were hit likely means that the CCW holder may have at least considered/planned a backstop. Or just be a lucky idiot, either way, we will likely find out in a few months if the media reported anything other than sensational crap. So yeah.

Well said,and I have ot tell you ,you have me laughing with your humor but well said

:beerchug:

in most scenarios I would agree with you but given the economic struggles of alot of ppl today... who really cares if he robbed a Burger king,atleast he wasnt out jacking some woman for a pocket book. I know personally as a father of 5,if I lost my job etc,I would do whatever nesacerry to provide for them as would most fathers I know, hitting up a bank or fast food joint wouldnt be out of the question, Im just saying. and Im definately not condoning what he did and dont know his personal situation and its unfortunate but most likely the guy who killed him will be charged with something since the article reads (I believe) he "showed" a gun, didnt say he pointed it at anyone? technichalitys are what makes the law suck most of the time just like yrs ago when Sam Getz was riding the subway in NYC and killed them guys with a screwdriver because they were mugging a woman.Him,I think deserves a metel,I forget what kind of jail time he got.

just lucky non of the school kids in there got shot because someone wanted to be a cowboy!!

I don't think crime can ever be accounted for regardless of the circumstances. Losing your job isn't an excuse to commit crimes and especially violent crimes.

I wasn't there, but if the place was packed I don't see starting a fire fight over a few hundred dollars. If you have to stop the dude, then follow him into the parking lot or just follow him with 911 on the other end of your cell.

I never condoned the robber's behavior. Hindsight is 20/20, and we're all speculating about what events would have occurred after the robber got a few dollars from the cash register.

That said, life is not a Steven Segal movie, despite many of our fantasies. I suspect most law enforcement officers on this board, while feeling no empathy for the slain criminal, still would not recommend ratcheting up the level of violence already present in a situation like this.

That's not the Hollywood version many fantasize about though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Robber fatally shot in Miami Burger King holdup - South Florida - MiamiHerald.com

Breaking news:
An armed robbery occured in a Burger King on BIscayne downtown, while the man was robbing the store a good samaritain who at the time was CCW asked the guy to lower his weapon. He turned and fired at the CCW guy, injuring him. He fired back killing the theif and is in stable condition and expected to make a full recovery.

Good for the armed citizen! That ****bag deserved to be dead. And any of you who think that lawlessness is excused in hard times, stay in your little fantasy corner of the world, because you just could be the next ****bag who gets his!

Tough call, but that information makes me feel a little better toward the guy. Would the robber have done anything but take the cash, who knows. I believe all businesses of this nature train their employees to give up the cash.

And all I'm saying is did the Good Samaritan put others at risk, including his family, had he died today.

Ill bite.....no jail time if the report is filled out correctly.

:rofl: I would laugh harder, but dayum there's a lot of truth in what you wrote.

You'd really be pissed off if you knew what went on inside the courts. All citizens get today are plea bargains that put them right back on the streets with our families. Now think about that. Anyone ever hear of time served. Our system is broke folks.

Ya, that off duty cop was a real hero too. He shot a man that had only a knife. Don't cops get a lot of hand-to-hand combat training? Instead he chose to kill someone instead of disarming him? Where's the honor in that? That guy probably had a family that was starving and was just trying to feed them.

It's a real shame when you're own posts call you out as a hypocrite. :whistle:

Your not serious, I'm missing the sarcasm...

Last edited:
Its doubtful that a LEO would have challenged him in front of others with the obvious (to them) potential of harm that could've happened to the other employees or patrons. Had the weapon been drawn and pointed, an officer, on or off duty (hopefully) would've responded accordingly. Confronting him outside for example, where there might be a lessened likelihood of causing harm to others and not enabling a possible hostage situation, might have been the way a professional might have reacted. A common citizen though, CCW permit or not, good intentions or not, without the training LEOs obtain might make the mistake (as in this case) of taking on someone when the possibility of causing more harm than good might come of it. Glad no one else got shot and sorry the citizen put himself in harm's way with such bad results.

Last edited:
now that is some funny stuff JellyRug... :rofl:

Historical Fun Fact:

Ya know the "tooth brush" was invented in Tennessee... any place else, it would be called a "teeth brush" :whistle:

Hey, hey, hey! I am from Tennessee and I still have my tooth!
:laugh:

I am glad some of these people were not around during WWII, we would not have our flag or our freedoms.
God help this country...

I am glad some of these people were not around during WWII, we would not have our flag or our freedoms.
God help this country...

They will be around in the near future. I have already talked about a private security force in America.

Barack Obama

- Obama Civilian Security[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back