Robber fatally shot in Miami Burger King holdup

We will never know - we will never know how many other lives this guy saved by putting this robber down NOW, rather than if he had gotten away with it, and continued to rob using a gun, because eventually he would have used it. I'm glad this CITIZEN used his 2nd amendment rights to protect our society, in most cases Law Enforcement can only show up after the damage is done. Just wish the CITIZEN hadn't wasted time argueing with the guy and just dropped him....

This is the part that stood out in my mind. I read it thinking if a guy has a gun I am not going to argue with him. I would give him a chance to put it down but that is about it. Had others been injured or killed as a result of this arguement things could be much different.

I don't care about the state of the economy this guy had a gun and clearly had no problem using it.

Ya, that off duty cop was a real hero too. He shot a man that had only a knife. Don't cops get a lot of hand-to-hand combat training? Instead he chose to kill someone instead of disarming him? Where's the honor in that? That guy probably had a family that was starving and was just trying to feed them.

It's a real shame when you're own posts call you out as a hypocrite. :whistle:

Death and serious injury are both occupational hazards for armed robbers. I don't like that he died because he tried to do something stupid, but I'm damn sure glad someone stopped him from potentially hurting or killing an innocent by-stander. Most people that commit armed robbery get a rush from it and become repeat offenders. They usually become more aggressive with each robbery, until they start taking lives during the crime. It escalates with each robbery until they get caught, or killed.

In re: "Most people that commit armed robbery get a rush from it and become repeat offenders. They usually become more aggressive with each robbery, until they start taking lives during the crime. It escalates with each robbery until they get caught, or killed."

Can you substantiate any part of that statement?

In re: "Most people that commit armed robbery get a rush from it and become repeat offenders. They usually become more aggressive with each robbery, until they start taking lives during the crime. It escalates with each robbery until they get caught, or killed."

Can you substantiate any part of that statement?

CBX now you know better than to ask questions like this....:whistle:

Do a little time researching crime and you will find all of the evidence you want. I know several cops, so maybe my view is biased. That doesn't change the trends.

for everyone who says its a shame that the thief got killed, i have this to say:

I bet you would feel differently about it if it was your wife that he had been holding up at gunpoint. Sure the guy had a family, i get that. So does the person being held at gunpoint for commiting the crime of coming to work to earn a living. You run the risk of being shot and killed when you choose to step outside the law and rob a person or a business. The guy got no less than was warranted.

As for the police officer who shot the guy who had the knife? yeah i would have done the same thing. The way I look at it is that I have a duty to get home to my family at night, and if someone is threatening my ability to do that, im going to take the steps necessary to ensure that happens. If it means dropping some azzhat whos holding a knife at me, then so be it. See my first comment about stepping outside the law. I have a right to defend myself, he does NOT have the right to try to rob me at knifepoint.

I can speak with firsthand knowledge since I work for the state prison system; there are enough cases when a criminal started off with small and worked up to much larger crimes. Just because a gun carrying criminal doesn't shoot someone the first time he holds up a business, doesn't mean he won't on the second or third time. I don't know about official statistics, but I have seen enough criminal records to know, an individual that robs a business/individual once and never does that again is very rare. If the succeed the first time, it tends to reinforce the idea that it is easy money.

Thats just my :2cents:

Ya, that off duty cop was a real hero too. He shot a man that had only a knife. Don't cops get a lot of hand-to-hand combat training? Instead he chose to kill someone instead of disarming him? Where's the honor in that? That guy probably had a family that was starving and was just trying to feed them.

if you cant see the diffence in scenarios then you are most likely the same type of person that cant see the forrest through the trees..

scenario 1> guy enters burger king with a mask and demands $$,shows a gun (doesnt point it at anyone,just shows it,lifts a shirt or whatever) some cowboy with a permit pulls his piece and a "Gun fight" ensues while there are school kids in the burger king.....this is Fkn stupid if you ask me,who gives a **** if someone takes $$ from buger king,give him the $$ and let the cops do their job

scenario2> off duty cop minding his on business on Ocean dr in South Beach(I've been there many times,Iknow the scene) is attacked by a guy with a knife,shoots and kills him....Fkn right he did the right thing,that warrented "deadly force" his life was in immediate danger.

2 seperate situations, take the time to understand what you read next time

Are you kidding? "That guy probably had a starving family"? Or how about, more likely, "a crack habit"...

On top of it, there's that old saying about "bringing a knife to a gunfight"....Why should the cop 'play fair'? Once the robber showed the knife (a deadly weapon), his life was forfeit. The police officer had every right to use deadly force in response. Just lucky he had his gun on him.

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead men tell no lies. I am not happy that someone had to die but I am happy that a person was there to help out in a time of need and made the right choice :thumbsup:
He should have let his pistol do the talking from the start, just do what you have to do.

if you cant see the diffence in scenarios then you are most likely the same type of person that cant see the forrest through the trees..

scenario 1> guy enters burger king with a mask and demands $$,shows a gun (doesnt point it at anyone,just shows it,lifts a shirt or whatever) some cowboy with a permit pulls his piece and a "Gun fight" ensues while there are school kids in the burger king.....this is Fkn stupid if you ask me,who gives a **** if someone takes $$ from buger king,give him the $$ and let the cops do their job

You can't be serious dude! Man who brandishes a weapon doesn't have to point it at you to be a threat. I have to assume if a man commits a robbery with a weapon, he has already committed himself to the use of that weapon. If I was in that situation, I'd cap the guy in the back of the head given opportunity. Situation under control! :beerchug:

I give Kudos to the good samaritan who stepped up and neutralized the threat. Although I wouldn't give him credit for his brilliance for striking up a conversation with the robber. I'd also be the first to donate to his medical bills.

Bang-bang!! .... oh yea, drop the gun mr robber!!

I think FL saw a big drop in crime way back when they went with CCW... all of a sudden , the wolves figured out that "hey they ain't all sheep"

Doesn't matter if he took off with a nickel or $200, stealing is a crime. How he went about it I wouldn't really condone. I woulda just backed off and pulled my piece quietly just incase or been ready to fire before he had the chance to even point it at me and position myself if possible with out anyone in the line of fire. Bravo to this guy, people like him are what make crime rates drop.

scenario2> off duty cop minding his on business on Ocean dr in South Beach(I've been there many times,Iknow the scene) is attacked by a guy with a knife,shoots and kills him....Fkn right he did the right thing,that warrented "deadly force" his life was in immediate danger.

2 seperate situations, take the time to understand what you read next time

??????:whistle:

Juliet in Arkansas.jpg

Back