Air Travel in the middle east

Projekt

Registered
I don't know how some people award themselves a status that is above the law. During my flight back to Kuwait on the way to my final destination of Baghdad I had to ask myself that question.

While sitting in Istanbul prior to the flight I had the extended pleasure of a long conversation with a Pensioner (retired) couple from Yorkshire, England. In fact they were actually originally from Ireland and The South of England, respectively but had travelled extensively and seen many places around the world due to their service in the British forces. It was one of the more memorable of my random interactions with people in Airports and around the world.

We parted ways once my gate had been announced and it was within 45 minutes of departure. Civilization and courtesy in the western tradition was left with them only to enter another mentality.

Boarding the plane I was immediately dosed with a lack of civility as I have been taught with people not waiting their turn. Instead they behaved selfishly holding up the entire line as if they were royalty and everyone else mere peasants.

The Turkish flight attendants on Turk Hava Yollari (Turkish Airlines) are always a breath of fresh air with their natural refinement and the beauty that they so nonchalantly carry. What a treat, I thought as the stewardess assigned to my section was young and fit wearing minimal make-up and looking absolutely beautiful in an understated manner. She greeted me in Turkish and I replied hello to which she simply smiled brightening the room. The hint of purple in her eye shadow told me that she liked to stand out a bit but not too much. Her dark hair and dark eyes were accompanied by flawless fair skin without a tan.

My row was a bit more roomy, reserved for tall people. So, I stretched out for a few minutes before I caught a wiff of the large woman sitting directly behind me. She smelled like she hadn't bathed in weeks with a pungent fetid odor emanating from her nether regions. My olfactory senses were consumed with this sensory input driving me to subconciously hold my breath and gasp until I saw two big guys eyeing my row as if it was theirs too. Oh well, it would make for a slightly sweaty flight since I couldn't spread out like I have done before.

The passenger cabin was warm with insufficient climate control in my opinion. That detail would make it even more uncomfortable as I felt a bead of sweat form on my brow while continuing to breath the stink in the air. Folks, please, please wear clean clothes and wash intensively before travelling anywhere aboard a plane. It will make the world a better place.

A rather large and disgruntled looking woman boarded the plane and followed her two prepubescent boys to a seat one row back and on the right side of the cabin opposite me. She was roamy and wore some type of coordinate leopard print coat with a matching close fitting hat. The foundation on her potholed faced didn't do enough to conceal the fact that she probably had to shave her chin daily. She looked like a bloated cross dresser but I figured she was just tired from all of the travel she'd undertaken to this point.

Bedouin is what flashed across my psyche when I thought more about her. She immediately broke out her mobile phone and began yakking loudly to someone of interest out in the world. The flight attendants approached her and reminded her of the prohibition of mobile phone usage during the flight. The leopard printed bedouin woman merely looked up steamed and folded her clamshell phone with a quick snap without a goodbye to the other end.

Uneventful was the name of the game during that flight between boughts of restlessness and sweating until we reached approach distance to KWI. The annoucement to "Please fasten your seatbelts as we prepare to land" came across the public address system and I got ready to enjoy some fresh air again upon landing.

The bloated bedouin woman pulled out her phone and placed a call. She spoke for some time until the pretty flight attendant confronted her and ordered her to turn the phone of.

"You do not talk to me that way" said the fat passenger.

"Ma'am put the phone away now" said the pretty flight attendant.

"You talk to me privately, not like this" said the woman loudly. Effectively loosing all privacy.

The attendant reached for the phone and the lady cried out "Let go of me! Take your hands off of me!" The phone was still on and this could have been a way to signal an attack as the attendants are trained to be aware of. The fat bearded leopard woman continued to struggle slapping at the pretty flight attendant. I wanted to get up and help but remembered that Americans will lose against Kuwaitis everytime and end up in jail. Besides I was on the window seat with too much distance between us.

The struggle continued and the attendant looked determined to get the phone. She pawed the woman's face and throat trying to dislodge the phone. The woman tore at the attendant's clothes unsnapping the vest she wore and loosening her pants in one fell swoop. My eyes were immobilized watching this unfold and I couldn't help but root for more clothes to come loose. Yay yay yay... terrible really, terrible, I know.

Finally a rather unobtrusive Kuwaiti man left his seat and asked the attendant to go and sort herself out. He walked straight to the woman and said something in Arrabic as the woman's boys pleaded with him somehow. The man, leaned close to the woman as she squirmed somewhat defiantly. He raised his right hand and slapped her face fiercely with a backhand from left to right creating a cloud of make-up dust in the aftermath and followed it up with a right to left finishing with a left to right. There was no fight left in the leopard woman. She was vanquished and just looked at the man through the conquered eyes above her stubbly chin. The boys were slapped too, apparently for not doing their duty to stop the madness.

Shortly thereafter, the plane landed smoothly, taxiing for what seemed to be an extended amount of time. Looking around, many passengers nodded in agreement to what had happened and patted the man on he shoulder. We deboarded and that was the end of it. No air rage arrest, no charges filed, no police even waiting to take custody of anyone. The flight attendant smiled at me again as I left the plane and I understood that it was just another day at the office for her.

How would you handle it?

"fat bearded leopard woman"

Hilarious line!

--Wag--

I've had some exstensive traveling experience, and believe you did as you should. Most foreign countries look at it as insulting for an american to interfere in their affairs. My brother inlaw flies to alot of foreign countries, buying electronics here and bringing them to Tanzania. On alot of occasions he has to pay off people that check him in, flight attendance, and policeman. The reasoning behind this, is one laptop would support a family over there for over a month. It's just amazing to see how other countries are compared to our own.

The Pretty attandent should have loaned mizzmuzz her love eggs there would have been smiles alround.

Great! I'd write my true feelings, but I live in America where we are so buried in LAWYER DUNG that anything I say can and will be held against me in a court of "law"

The part about the Kuwaiti man slapping her and the boys was an embellishment as was the loosened clothing but it sure makes for a better story...
firedevil.gif

Back