Road Trip?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok everyone, tomorrow we will be heading to OKC, only about an hour and a half, but what are the bare essentials? For the bike I mean. I have the tool kit, know how to adjust a chain, adjust idle, I also have a tire repair kit. What else do you carry on a road trip in case you have problems? I know we cant carry everything. Any ideas?

On a trip that short you do have some good stuff already. I would definately have a cell phone and 3 or 4 bottles of water for hydrating. Throw all that stuff in the tank bag or backpack and off you go. Maybe a map if a detour comes up..........

(CBXRider @ Sep. 14 2007,16:36) This is VERY handy for chain lubing etc, but an hour and a half ride is, well, just an hour and a half ride...you shouldn't need much.

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm
Thats an interesting little stand. I know I am not going far, but I just hate the thought of picking up a nail and being stranded for no reason. That is why I purchased the tire repair kit. What else can we do on the side of the road?

Thanks Poppy, we have cell phones and water. We are also looking at a camel back.

camel back is a good idea i use one sometimes in place of my tank bag that way i can have water without stopping

i have an air compressor in the back to just in case always worry about flats

Hour and a half....that's just a warm up. I'm planning to head to the Deal's Gap on Sunday, by the end of the day it will be about 10 hours, about 8 of those in the saddle. What do I bring, money, health insurance card and a DL. Oh, cell phone, just in case....

Dude...........we ride 2 1/2 hrs away for breakfast then ride 2 1/2hrs back home for lunch...and when we really get snacky we ride 1 1/2 hr for ICE CREAM...

I guess if I thought about it the only thing we pack
rock.gif
BIG APPETITE !!!!
super.gif

013.JPG

Plastic, M/C, VISA, etc. You never know. I took a ride Monday and stopped at a shop for a buddy to get a throttle rocker and air in my rear tire. I thought that I had enough thread on my tire to do the 200 mile ride. After 100 miles the tread just disapeared. I bought a new tire to get home. Front is good, but I will buy a matching front tire.

"Road Trip?, What do you take with you?" DL, credit card, cell phone, and a good looking lady
beerchug.gif

Tulsa to OKC, all you need is MONEY, a Cell Phone and a tire repair kit. And Guys, a Camel Back  
wow.gif
, Geesss, the high was 72 F today and tomorrow is the same with Rain ! There is a McDonalds (they sell water) 1/2 way on the turnpike (if you go that way) so water isn't a problem. Just go, and have Fun and DON'T WORRY. "OH YEAH" , on that turnpike, the entry ticket is time stamped and compaired when you get off automaticly. SO DON'T SPEED or you'll be ticketed at the Exit. That means you can have a Big Mac and WATER 1/2 way through you trip
laugh.gif

Water, plastic, cell phone, condoms, personal lubricant, tire plug kit / CO2............sunglasses, and a map.......
cool.gif

Cell phone, sunglasses, and my .38spl . Its crazy in Florida they seem to shoot [ LEO,s] every other week. So you know they dont care about regular people.

(semi @ Sep. 14 2007,20:53) "Road Trip?, What do you take with you?"    DL, credit card, cell phone, and a good looking lady
beerchug.gif
Ok, that answers my questions I guess. I have a credit card, cell phone, and a good looking lady. Thanks guys!

(twotonevert @ Sep. 14 2007,18:41)
(CBXRider @ Sep. 14 2007,16:36) This is VERY handy for chain lubing etc, but an hour and a half ride is, well, just an hour and a half ride...you shouldn't need much.

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm
Thats an interesting little stand. I know I am not going far, but I just hate the thought of picking up a nail and being stranded for no reason. That is why I purchased the tire repair kit. What else can we do on the side of the road?
You need to carry a small air compressor and have a way to power it, or a plug kit won't be alot of help.

The plug kit comes with 4 Co2 cartridges and a tool to that they screw into into. I was just wanting to prepare for the most common trouble, but an air compressor? I feel a little better knowing that most of you dont carry much. I guess I have always been one to try to prepare for the worst and be happy when I dont need it.

I carry my AMA card with MoTow & Helping Hands.... and a HOG card..... depends what I'm riding....

(twotonevert @ Sep. 15 2007,06:23) The plug kit comes with 4 Co2 cartridges and a tool to that they screw into into. I was just wanting to prepare for the most common trouble, but an air compressor? I feel a little better knowing that most of you dont carry much. I guess I have always been one to try to prepare for the worst and be happy when I dont need it.
Yes an air compressor.

What makes more sense:

An inflator that costs as much an air compressor PLUS all the expensive one time use only CO2 cartridges that you have to carry?

or

A 12 volt air compressor that can be bought at any Walmart or Meijers for $15 or less and never runs out of air?

comp.jpg

Back