Rivet master link

Bowdoc

Registered
Anyone ever install a rivet type master link without the tool or made a tool to install one. i wouild love to hear your thought

This post needs pictures...

DSC03816.jpg

(Bowdoc @ Aug. 16 2007,19:09) Anyone ever install a rivet type master link without the tool or made a tool to install one. i would love to hear your thought
Get together with a couple of buddies and share the cost of purchasing the right tool
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 16 2007,21:32)
(Bowdoc @ Aug. 16 2007,19:09) Anyone ever install a rivet type master link without the tool or made a tool to install one. i would love to hear your thought
Get together with a couple of buddies and share the cost of purchasing the right tool  
wink.gif
+1

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 16 2007,19:18) I used a pipe flare tool and a plate to do mine. Some say you can use a plate and punch.
Sounds good. I do not have a flave tool but I do have a clap and a punch. I

(Powers739 @ Aug. 16 2007,21:30) This post needs pictures...

DSC03816.jpg
Same chain tool I have - works great!

The proper tool(s) makes all the difference!

Whatever you do just make sure you flare (rivet)the pin  to spec. To little of flarring on the pin and the pin may back out and not too  much will cause a fissure on your flared lip (rivet). When your done compressing the M/L measure the rivet head using a micrometer.
super.gif

I used the $12.00 Motion Pro to install my EK530ZZZ.
After pressing the link on, I used a ball bearing the size of a bb. It rolled the rivet perfect. The chain I installed had plates to put into chain so you can't over press the rivet.

Back