Riser intallation question

There is a saying that I seem to be using more and more often. Keep it simple! There is another clamp under the top one, so there is no worry of the forks coming up. I simply used my Baxley front stand as I do everyday, removed the 4 bolts, put the riser in, put in 4 longer bolts.

That is it, takes about 10 minutes with a drink break in there. On a scale of difficulty from 1-10 where 10 is the hardest, I give it a 1.

I had my bike on a stand just change the bolts . then once you have the new risers in you can SLOWLY loosen the bottom clamp and let your forks slide up.took me about an hour by myself . it would be easier if you have a jack under so you can let the forks slide up slower.

Ok, so I just completed doing this and it was way easier than I thought. I guess since I was not lowering the bike and just adding the spacers it was much more easy to do. I did not need a jack, just had it on the rearstand. As others had mentioned, once the chrome caps were removed (Used a tiny flat head, and tapped it with a small hammer to get it in, and just did that around until the cap popped off, used tape around the top ones as they are in deeper. None were messed up, thank goodness). Once the caps were off, I removed the bolts, lifted up the cover and slid the spacers in, and used the bolts that came with the spacers, and reused the original washers. The spacers were 1 inch spacers, but I already had Heli-bars, so I had to get them cut down to 3/4 of an inch (friend has a machine shop) which is the size most others have found to work with Helibars. I do get a little rub a full chock (Not on the windshield though), where the levers are attached rub a little. I think I will just adjust it alittle and it should work fine. However without adjusting I was still able to do tight u-turns, I just had rubbing when I was pulling out of a parking space. I must say at first I did not think it did much of a difference, but after I actually rode, I could tell I was in a more comfortable position, so I would say it was a worth while mod so far. I will know next week, as I will be riding about 400 miles. Thanks for all the advise, as usual this forum is awesome!

There is a saying that I seem to be using more and more often. Keep it simple! There is another clamp under the top one, so there is no worry of the forks coming up. I simply used my Baxley front stand as I do everyday, removed the 4 bolts, put the riser in, put in 4 longer bolts.

That is it, takes about 10 minutes with a drink break in there. On a scale of difficulty from 1-10 where 10 is the hardest, I give it a 1.

Agreed!! Now that I have done it. I think the confusion comes in when people are adding the risers and lowering the bike versus just adding the risers and not lowering the bike which is what I did and was very simple.

As far as the bolt covers go, if ya don't mind giving up the chrome of the stockers these are alot cheaper: Triple Tree Bolt Covers

Funny thing is, I can't decide if I want the Stock chrome ones or, these black ones. I am not a big fan of Chrome, as a matter a fact I wanted to poweder coat everything black on the bike (You know the pegs, sets, etc.) but for some reason in this case, I think I might like the chrome. I dunno. I still have not put the chrome ones back on since they were such a pain to take off. Got some thinking to do. Thanks for the link. Does anyone know if there are rubber caps or something that will go over the fork wholes that seem ever so big now? lol

Back