Rise of the Blue Phoenix!

June Bugs, hit like a bullet...

Came across a guy stopped on the side of the road once who was wearing a tee shirt and hit a June Bug, he said he almost came off the bike it hit that hard. I showed him the spot one just hit me on my shoulder armor...goes to show wearing gear is always the smart choice.

I had a bird pass between my helmet and windshield today, it just missed hitting my helmet. I'm glad of that...
People that elect to ride without a helmet just cause they can always makes me wonder how they take that in the teeth or face & still don't change their minds.

People that elect to ride without a helmet just cause they can always makes me wonder how they take that in the teeth or face & still don't change their minds.
I agree, a big juicy bug in the teeth would be a deterrent one would think. I guess looking cool out-weighs being in pain.

So the assembly rounded out yesterday into today and figured it was time for a little ride. Me and the fiancé did some little around town riding.
Have some minor issues to iron out but all in all was an awesome day filled with riding.
The clutch is giving me some issues, one of my switchback bulbs decided to turn pinky purple and the other isn’t switching properly and I smell coolant like maybe one of the inner hoses is possibly dripping but it could also be some burn off.
Wanted to share pics with everyone since we have all followed my road to recovery, also took a vid with the GoPro my fiancé got me for my birthday and the helmet mount I got as an early Father’s Day gift.
Hoping @GAmedic can take a couple and do his photoshop magic I have been so dying to have him do for me!!

View attachment 1600225

View attachment 1600226

View attachment 1600227

View attachment 1600228

View attachment 1600229

View attachment 1600230

View attachment 1600231

View attachment 1600232

View attachment 1600233

View attachment 1600234

View attachment 1600235

View attachment 1600236

View attachment 1600237

View attachment 1600238

View attachment 1600239

View attachment 1600240

View attachment 1600241

View attachment 1600242

View attachment 1600243

View attachment 1600244

View attachment 1600245

View attachment 1600246

View attachment 1600247
May 22nd was turning off main road to work saw a bike down in middle of that road further down while making left. I thought that bike looks familiar. People were there assisting; then guilt hit "turn around it's a biker". I did just that came on sceen & recognized the bike as a nurse's I work with & had planned to ride with. My heart sank seeing here layed out in road covered by a blanket. Stuff like this does not bother me but it is different when you know the person. I tell her I'm there comfort here direct another to call 911 etc.

20180720_204327.jpg

May 22nd was turning off main road to work saw a bike down in middle of that road further down while making left. I thought that bike looks familiar. People were there assisting; then guilt hit "turn around it's a biker". I did just that came on sceen & recognized the bike as a nurse's I work with & had planned to ride with. My heart sank seeing here layed out in road covered by a blanket. Stuff like this does not bother me but it is different when you know the person. I tell her I'm there comfort here direct another to call 911 etc.

View attachment 1600290
Very true, always tougher when it is someone familiar or a family member...got that tee shirt unfortunately..

So things get taken care of i am working alongside the officers & EMS workers that i normally interact with at the hospital. I may have over stepped a bit but nobody complained. She had 2 almost inch deep holes in her forearm bleeding i check her over & she says my neck is good but my knee hurts. See blood there through jeans hole but not as much. When clothing cut off i see why it hurt. She was making a left turn into a stip mall & was hit by a car. Looks like she took the hit on the right side of bike & knee which was split wide open side to side bout 4" or more across. I saw what only an operating Doctor should see. These are SJ's scars after being fixed up & i decided i need protective gear on my knees hips sooner than later. Just something to chew on.

FB_IMG_1560717368553.jpg

FB_IMG_1560717362070.jpg

FB_IMG_1560717349913.jpg

Exactly my thoughts Toad . . .
but I've noticed Kiwis and Aussie bikers always, and I mean ALWAYS wear gloves.
Americans . . . nah, not so much.
Must be the Freedom thing built into the American psyche ....
View attachment 1600265

anywway, great pics, Steve, stunning job you did on Blue Phoenix, just gorgeous.
One little tip though, I think it's needing a little more BLUE, :poke:
Great vid too mate, you ride it like ya just stole it lmao!
Hahaha I was still feeling it out. I have been off bikes for 3 years but I am getting the hang of it again.
Got so excited to ride I left the shop without my gloves.

Okay you did raise bike up like you said looks better. She needs some protective gear though; but i still do to.
Yea all she has is a helmet and her gloves were with my jacket. We plan to make a trip soon. We never thought we would be riding again so it’s just amazing to be back on the bike.
Yes it is actually at stock height right now until the shock change and then I can hopefully lower it.
I don’t want to mess up the undertail that I just had painted lol

Back