Right place right time . Found a wallet .

c10

Registered
I saw it pulling up to pump 5 not far from my office. Picked it up, and put it in my van. Pump fuel looking around for someone to pull in frantically. No one. Walked inside, and gave my business card to store clerk. Told him someone will be here soon looking for their wallet. 30 minutes later my phone rings.
Spanish so I handed the phone to Carlos my coworker. He explained were we we're. Her and her husband arrived shortly. I handed it to her, and the relief in her facial expression was enough thanks. There was a few hundred dollars cash, 4 bank cards, Texas ID
MEXICO ID. I can only imagine how hard these legal documents would be to replace when your from another country.
My current, and Ex wife both lost their wallets with lots of cash back in the day, but no one tried to return them. Both gas stations.
DSC_4356.JPG

DSC_4357.JPG

DSC_4358.JPG

It made the day as I was surrounded by butt holes . Had to eat crow from a customer for a bad install a ex employee did . Of course I was sent to make sure it was done right , and no further issues would arise . Guy did not even know I was the person over the phone that made it all happen under a warranty call .
The Boy Scout in me . On my Honor ;)

I saw it pulling up to pump 5 not far from my office. Picked it up, and put it in my van. Pump fuel looking around for someone to pull in frantically. No one. Walked inside, and gave my business card to store clerk. Told him someone will be here soon looking for their wallet. 30 minutes later my phone rings.
Spanish so I handed the phone to Carlos my coworker. He explained were we we're. Her and her husband arrived shortly. I handed it to her, and the relief in her facial expression was enough thanks. There was a few hundred dollars cash, 4 bank cards, Texas ID
MEXICO ID. I can only imagine how hard these legal documents would be to replace when your from another country.
My current, and Ex wife both lost their wallets with lots of cash back in the day, but no one tried to return them. Both gas stations. View attachment 1584228

View attachment 1584229

View attachment 1584230
are u ABSOLUTELY sure the US identification was legit? we aren't building a wall for nothing!

Last time I checked I was not employed by ICE or law enforcement . Looked on the up n up to me , and was current / legal status . However lets just talk doing the right thing no matter who it is .
ure a good guy

It made the day as I was surrounded by butt holes . Had to eat crow from a customer for a bad install a ex employee did . Of course I was sent to make sure it was done right , and no further issues would arise . Guy did not even know I was the person over the phone that made it all happen under a warranty call .

I truly know how corny this sounds AS I type it but...
All that matters is that YOU know.

This is really top notch. Not just the $ but replacing cards/id etc. Is worse like you mentioned. Good for you. By the way that wallet was definitely blinged out in mexico.

Back