Riding Suit

superbeagle

Registered
I have been looking for a riding suit for sometime. Well I have found some good deals. However my biggest concern is fit. I'm 6'4" and weigh 245 lbs. Is it better to have the suit a little tight and let it stretch? I'm looking at the Teknic Chicane 1pc suit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

what suit coat size do you normally wear? I used to have a Teknic Chicane jacket and a size 44 fits me best (I am 5'10, 190 lbs and wear a 40R coat, 32-33-inch waist).

Whatever you buy, get soaked with a water hose and go riding, or better yet go for a long ride in the rain(however long it takes to get soaked).
The wet leather will soften and stretch to fit you best, and it'll stay that way.
This really works too, honest!

Maybe visit your local mall and try on some suit coats. Better yet, find a local bike store and see if they have riding suits in stock so you can actually try them on. P.S. I thought of getting a full/1-piece Chicane and tried one on in a local shop: was a toss up between a 44 (snug) or 46 (some wiggle room).

BTW, have you looked into a 2-pc set-up.....better chances of getting a good fit plus a whole lot easier getting in and out of (unless your local track requires 1-pc only). Best of luck.

Maybe visit your local mall and try on some suit coats. Better yet, find a local bike store and see if they have riding suits in stock so you can actually try them on. P.S. I thought of getting a full/1-piece Chicane and tried one on in a local shop: was a toss up between a 44 (snug) or 46 (some wiggle room).

BTW, have you looked into a 2-pc set-up.....better chances of getting a good fit plus a whole lot easier getting in and out of (unless your local track requires 1-pc only). Best of luck.

+1 on a 2 piece suit too.

PLUS: If you intend to track ride, at some point you will want a back protector, and THIS WILL ADD A SIZE to the suit you need. I bought one that fit me pretty good, until I had to put on a back protector....no amount of water (stood in hot shower for an hour) would stretch to make it comfortable again - i ended up having to buy another suit...

I wish a shop in my area had something in my size to try on. The biggest size I have found is 46 not even close. I have an Alpinestars ATL jacket. I could just by leather pants for it. But for the price I can just get a suit. I do plan on some track days and strip days. I have heard about the shower trick. Thank you guys for the help.

I wish a shop in my area had something in my size to try on. The biggest size I have found is 46 not even close. I have an Alpinestars ATL jacket. I could just by leather pants for it. But for the price I can just get a suit. I do plan on some track days and strip days. I have heard about the shower trick. Thank you guys for the help.

Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla
These guys are great to deal with. I've bought a jacket and helmet from them that didn't fit, they'll take it back no problem. You can exchange sizes, brands, styles, or just get a refund. They're fast too.
Great way to get gear that fits through the mail.
I've also had trouble in the past getting gear that fits me, Joe Rocket is what I stick with because they're jackets, gloves, pants, and boots all fit true to size just like regular clothing sizes.
Just some things to consider, I hope you find what you need.:beerchug:

How much are you paying for the suit? Most of the pants I see cost less than half of what a 1 piece cost.

I have been looking for a riding suit for sometime. Well I have found some good deals. However my biggest concern is fit. I'm 6'4" and weigh 245 lbs. Is it better to have the suit a little tight and let it stretch? I'm looking at the Teknic Chicane 1pc suit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I understand that I'm way late on this but get it snug, they will stretch and if you have an itch to get off your bike at high speed that you simply must scratch, it will provide better protection than a loose fitting one.

If its loose it will twist and the armor could move and not provide the protection you bought it for in the first place.

Depending on the type of riding I'm going to do I will either wear my two piece for running around town where I might have to go inside a store, and my one piece if I'm going to tear up the mountain passes or try to get my knee down:please:

Either way it's better to have something on than to say to yourself that nothing is going to happen because I'm just going to the store.:pityfool: and with Vegas being the 3 highest for blue hair accidents I think I'll avoid getting:spank: by grandma.

Back