Riding position on sport bikes

sweet tea man

Registered
How long did it take you (if some of you are former cruiser riders) to get adjusted to the new riding position on a sport bike?

I've ridden my brothers bandit 1200(and his old busa) and i think i hold myself up with my arms too much due to them being sore afterwards.

getting my new busa has had me wondering how long it would take me to get adjusted.

never gotten really sore on my Busa it's geometry seems a lot friendlier than the other race replica sportbikes.

spent 15 years on a harley, still have one, I had to add helibars to improve my reach. i'm 5'8" and stock had me leaning to far forward. I have done 750miles in one day and found that between resting the wrists on the bars and griping with my legs to take the pressure of the wrists that I had no trouble. just get out and ride, you will get used to it:thumbsup:

A simple start to the process, don't lock your arms. Keep your elbows slightly bent. How tall you are, and what kind of physical condition you are in, can affect how long it will take to condition your core (lower back/stomach) muscles to holding yourself up without undue loading on your wrists. Varies from person to person.
Keep your arms bent and ride. More you ride, the quicker you will adjust.:thumbsup:

A simple start to the process, don't lock your arms. Keep your elbows slightly bent. How tall you are, and what kind of physical condition you are in, can affect how long it will take to condition your core (lower back/stomach) muscles to holding yourself up without undue loading on your wrists. Varies from person to person.
Keep your arms bent and ride. More you ride, the quicker you will adjust.:thumbsup:

6'2"-6'6" depending on which gas station i walk out of:laugh:

i have a gsxr750 and a busa both are dirent animals as far as riding postion goes used to get cramped up on the 750 after about 2 or three hours havent had any problems on the busa yet my best tought is move around on the busa to find where you are most comfortable 9get out on the highway and feel it out you will find there are proably a couple of ways to be comfortable
biggest thing is get as close to the tank as possible withouot squashing things and go from there

Took me about to three rides, After the first my neck and wrists were killing me, On the
2nd learned to pinch the legs and relax the wrists, felt much better but shoulder was a little sore, After that third ride no more problems. My right hand does like to fall asleep on long runs though.

I don't have much in the way to add that hasn't been covered. I would add my voice to the folks that are saying that the more you ride, the quicker the adjustment.

It's a weird sensation to transition from a "sit up and beg" position to a sportbike stance. It is, however a nice one. You are really interacting with the machine, and it's a hell of a lot more fun!

didn't bother me too much but you get used to the position and it wont bother you after a month or so of regular riding

ghost ride it

There is only one thing we can in a situation like this

GHOST THE BUSA

The streets now just what this ghost ride your whip up and down the strip.

I did think anybody knew about ghost ridin

Took me about to three rides, After the first my neck and wrists were killing me, On the
2nd learned to pinch the legs and relax the wrists, felt much better but shoulder was a little sore, After that third ride no more problems. My right hand does like to fall asleep on long runs though.

Throttle Miesters will take care of that. Tell your wife you NEED them. :please:

Sounds like you are too old for a sportbike :rofl::rofl::rofl:

consider buying a large tankbag...put some sweat shirts or a pillow in it...use it to offset your weight until you get more used to the new riding style.

I find that I am more comfy on the Busa then the VTX for long hauls. It takes some of the weight off the tail bone.

Back