Hand position on the Busa

Clutchless shifting makes for a smoother ride too...and it doesn't harm your bike in any way, actually.

rock.gif
O'K.  I guess throwing it in reverse while still going foward wont hurt eithier, huh  
laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
Your Busa has a reverse gear?? ?? Man...I'd seen posts about how cool your bike was before Rhythm, but I didn't know it was that cool!!!

biggrin.gif
... I said BIKE dude...haha...not car... and obviously moving in the same direction...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Before the 'Busa, I never covered the brakes. But, after I got the 'Busa, I had to because I was braking constantly.

I use the thumb and the index finger for the throttle, and the other fingers ALWAYS cover the brake lever. The fingers don't get tired because it's a very natural position for them - like when you show the "OK" sign. Also, it means you apply pressure to the lever further from the pivot point, thus having better leverage - which means it requires less effort to queeze the lever.

Even MOTORCYCLIST magazine printed my method in the Backfires in August issue.
__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

Just an update....all it took was some practice and now it seems natural. I tried to ride the other day the old way (not covering the brake/clutch) and it felt unnatural, and had to go back to the new 2-finger cover position.....lets not confuse this with the 1 finger position
Valium_58831_TheFinger.gif

Funny how quickly the body adapts to new things, I mean heck when I was 17 I didnt know what the heck to do when I was encountered with
Valium_58987_w-051.gif
but, yep - I adapted to that just as quick!

Back