Clutch Lever Is Too Hard To Pull

Buck

Registered
Hello Busa Folks....

I had surgery on my clutch hand over a year ago and Im still having a hard time pull. I have a 03 Busa with a stock clutch, I might ride for 15-30 miles around town and then it's time to home.

Is there a softer clutch lever that will allow me to pull in without causing so much pain..

Are you using the stock lever? If your running a shorty that will make it harder to use. You have other options as well. You could run an air shifter that would cut your pulls in 1/2. Worst case scenario look into a recluse clutch, they are not the cheapest but you would never have to pull the lever.

Yes, I do have the stock and I have a air shifter. Problem is in DC it's a lot of stop and go so the air shifter is no good for me. I'll look into the other part you mentioned

Thanks

You don't need a clutch or airshifter to upshift. Just close the throttle a little and shift at the same time. Heck, on my DRZ I didn't even need it to downshift if the rpm's were low. Never tried that method on the Busa.

Yep. Learn how to clutchless shift and you only need the clutch lever for the 1-2 and 2-1 shifts. When accelerating, let off the throttle a bit and shift w/o the clutch. As long as you're in gear 2 or higher, it should slide right in w/o the clutch lever at all, and w/o damage to the clutch/tranny. When decelerating, blip the throttle to rev-match the lower gear, shift w/o clutch, it should slide right into place. That should take out 5/6ths of your shifts, meaning you can now ride 5x longer. :thumbsup:

you can do a quick shifter if your not racing and do clutchless upshifts above certain speed or learn t o blip after taking off.

The Brembo RCS clutch MC will make lever pull easier. It is also adjustable to give the MC more leverage on the clutch (making it even easier). Expensive and a bit complicated to get iton the bike and working though, but it will make things easier.

Back