Riding on the back...

busawife

Registered
Just a quick note. I am sure 99.99% of you actually ride the Busa, but currently, I am stuck on the back. I am a little worried about where I place my hands and what not AND...I feel like I am constantly falling forward on the seat. Any pointers?!?

Grab bar, and don't fall asleep...ask me how I know...
tounge.gif

One, How do you know not to fall asleep...

Two, How did you know that I was so comfy on the back, and relaxed, that I had to keep myself awake on the back?

Do you mean hold onto the bar behind me? So, don't hold around my husband's waist?

I fell asleep on the way back from our last meet n greet, I got in TROUBLE!!!!
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

You will find the most comfortable/practical place for positioning and holding on as you ride more. I personally don't even have hubby put the grab bar on unless we are riding a long distance. It is more fun to snuggle up and hold on to him...but where you ask???
laugh.gif
whistling.gif

We are currently looking for a starter bike for me...I am excited.

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

my best advice is: squeeze your knees. if you get tired move up and down like doing squats
keeping your balance in both feet, never on one and last never ever shake your butt side to side...!!!

The corbin passenger seat gives you a better riding position. The stocker leans you towards the front where the Corbin makes you sit horizontal. Backrest is also available!

My wife tells my passengers to put their arms around me and when we're coming to a stop, you can put your hands on the gas tank to keep yourself from falling forward too much.

Feel free to lean on your man. He'll be fine!

--Wag--

After you ride for awhile, you'll get comfortable enough not to feel the need to hold on. I try not to hold on to my husband often because he gets a little squished into the tank. So, if we're on a road that I'm not familiar with, I ride with my hands on the tank. It makes me feel more secure on the bike and he can ride without a cup.

Stopping equals boobs pressed against the back. Most guys should be ok with this! Otherwise just hang on to the waist. That is what my girlfriend does.

I have invested in a Corbin passenger seat which comes with a bracket hole for a backrest. When my daughter wants to ride with me, I just remove my the Corbin backrest from my Golwing and stick it into the Busa's passenger seat. Then she and I don't worry about holdons during accelerations. Wife doesn't ride with me since she took the course and got her own bike last year, she really enjoys biking on her own and does not miss riding backseat one bit. She says she should have done it years ago. And I think girls ridind their own machine is quite "exciting". The more, the merrier. So my pointer to you is... "grab the handlebars!!", we'd like to see more girls riding on their own!

Mike B

Yeah, my girlfried got sick of riding in back, and now she's riding her 250 out in front. That 250's pretty quick if it only has 120lbs on it!!

I have invested in a Corbin passenger seat which comes with a bracket hole for a backrest. When my daughter wants to ride with me, I just remove my the Corbin backrest from my Golwing and stick it into the Busa's passenger seat. Then she and I don't worry about holdons during accelerations. Wife doesn't ride with me since she took the course and got her own bike last year, she really enjoys biking on her own and does not miss riding backseat one bit. She says she should have done it years ago. And I think girls ridind their own machine is quite "exciting". The more, the merrier. So my pointer to you is... "grab the handlebars!!", we'd like to see more girls riding on their own!

Mike B
Yup, I have the corbin seat/backrest for the wife as well, very good investment!!! And I the grab bar comes in handy as well.

DSC01860__Medium_.jpg

Just a quick note. I am sure 99.99% of you actually ride the Busa, but currently, I am stuck on the back. I am a little worried about where I place my hands and what not AND...I feel like I am constantly falling forward on the seat. Any pointers?!?
if you dont keep yourself back off him, during hard stops you slide forward, smushing his manhood against the tank.
very un-fun
wowold.gif

if he does get on the brakes and you start to slide forward, put your hands on the gas tank in front of his stomach, that way you have something very stable to push against.

Thanks for all of the advice...I realized tonight that we will be motorcycle-sitting for his baby brother for a few months...and I might just hop on that and start riding myself. (the baby brother has a Suzuki GSXR750) Of course, this is only after I take the MSF Course. Cause that is the only way to ride...

Edit: I stole my husbands' log on...this was supposed to be Busawife posting...sorry all...
computer.gif

if he does get on the brakes and you start to slide forward, put your hands on the gas tank in front of his stomach, that way you have something very stable to push against.
That's what my daughter had to do at Infineon to keep from climbing up the back of the Gixxer pilot. And yes I readily admit, she (must) have a pair...

ErinAtInfineon1__Small_.jpg

My wife really hated the stock seat, when I got her the Tobin she was much more comfortable, but when decelerating hard, she will always reach around to brace off the tank when possible. if not she kinda grabs onto the tail on both sides if Im not 'grabbin' the brakes, to keep herself steady
beerchug.gif

Corbin backrest works really good too-Leo n his wife were riding the Dragon at The Spring Bash and his wife Amy was just chillin like a villian back there
cool.gif

Back