Need quick help

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I am currently outside in my garage trying to get my bike together. My inner fairings closest to the gauges, what is behind on the little plastic piece on the nose fairing to hold the bolts in place. My bikes nose piece was destroyed in my wreck. I am currently putting the bike back together. Almost finished. Got windshield back on and everything is on but mirrors and those darn inside fairing pieces. I am sure I am missing something. There is two holes and obviously the bolts go in the smaller hole on the bottom, but I do not know what is supose to be in the hole to hold the bolts in place and thus to hold the inner fairing in place. HELP!!!!! Since there is a piece missing and I want to ride asap. Anyone got an idea on a way to rig it until the part comes in, what ever the part is AHHHHHHH!!!!!

those little black plastic push pins go in the side cluster plastics to hold them in place. thats all you need

the same push pins the hold the chin plastic on the lower nose piece or the ones that hold the bottom of the tail piece to the undertail.

For the pieces that attach to the nose the is a bolt that connects the gauge fairing to the tank fairing, one small bolt in the center of the cluster to attach to 2 gauge fairings together and then a black push-pin to attach the gauge fairing to the bracket near the mirror mount. Only 3 holes for those pieces, so you can't mess it up.

For the pieces that attach to the nose the is a bolt that connects the gauge fairing to the tank fairing, one small bolt in the center of the cluster to attach to 2 gauge fairings together and then a black push-pin to attach the gauge fairing to the bracket near the mirror mount.  Only 3 holes for those pieces, so you can't mess it up.
The problem is, I think I am missing the pieces. My fairing kind of exploded. the new one did not come with anything. crap, gues I have to go to the dealer for another part that will not be in for a week.

<!--EDIT|Fate
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155182639 -->

Take a pic and post it up, so we can see what you've got.

Take a pic and post it up, so we can see what you've got.
I took a couple of the pins from the underneath rear and put them in and it worked. Whew. Got it together. But just noticed that the can I got to replace the broken can has been drilled. My other side is not. I was wondering if this is going to cause a problem. I think where the pipe and can meet, it is leaking a little too. Not real bad, just a little. I can tell the difference in sound. Just do not want it to hurt engine.

Back