Riding my busa around the US

BUSA 4 LIFE

Registered
Hey guys,

I've decided to take this one horse pony show on the road by riding my Busa all the way around the US!

I wrote an article about the journey I am going to take, and plan to write regularly about the adventures I have along the way. Read it here: http://www.wanderingsandmusings.com/2008/05/my-great-american-journey/

You, my Hayabusa brethren are the folks I would most like to meet up with and take a ride with... so check out my article and look at the Google map I created which has a detailed view of the route I plan to take (you can zoom right in and see the roads, etc). Let me know if anyone is nearby to the path and if there might be a possibility of us getting together, or if there are some roads/sights I shouldn't miss that I currently am, and I'll change my route.

I'm planning right now to leave Spokane, WA around the first week of June, and figure it'll take about 5-6 weeks to do the whole loop (heading south along the pacific coast first). With that info, you can figure out about when I'll be in any area give or take 5 days...
smile.gif
It's going to be a make-it-up-as-I-go type of trip, so pinning down to a specific date could be hard.

Anyways, enjoy the summer months coming up.

Be safe but have fun,

Jeff (BusaForLife)

Dude i think that sounds like a blast and somehting that i want to do when im finished with school i'de love to travel on my beast through the elements and all plus i love camping and yes couchsurfing is a cool way to meet and bond with people on a different level

Our home is open to you - you'll be passing right thru Newark, DE and we'd love to have you! Depending on your interests and how much time you have, there are many places to see and things to do in the First State...

gotpm.gif

If you decide to come through Indiana which would be dipping down from Detroit on your map, I would do better than giving you a "couch", I have an extra queen bed that would be yours for the duration of your stay in Indianapolis. The offer is there. Hopefully, you will find other org members that will make sure that you don't have to use your tent at all on this trip. Count me in!

I would love to be able to make a ride like that. Be safe, have fun and keep us posted!

I am in NE CT on th RI border. Give me a shout I will ride with you a bit and you are most welcome to stay at my home.

Regards
Mike
Ninja Eater

Make sure you plan some extra time for Zion and the Canyonlands in Utah....you are in for a sensory overload when you get there. Have fun and be safe.
beerchug.gif

Yeah Zion is something else. When you get close to St. George shoot me a pm and I'll meet up with ya.

bowdown.gif
That sir sounds like the trip of a lifetime. When you get close to southeast Georgia give me a shout. I would be glad to meet you and maybe throw down for a steak or some local seafood. unless you're burning the Interstate you may want to take US 17 from Jville up to Savannah. Not many curves here but some nice coastal scenes.

Very cool, I would recommend in Texas at Uvalde going north to Leakey & ride 337 & see the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum. (Only open on weekends)This is a great example of a fine Texas hill country road w/ great views & corners. You could then head back down to San Antonio, or go to Austin & then down to San Antonio. If you go to Austin hit me up.

that looks like a blast...be safe and have a great time
beerchug.gif

That looks like a great time! But, since you are skipping the MIDWEST, here's a picture of all of it
cornfield.jpg

If you want to dip down into central florida, the girls in daytona is all the scenery you will need. you can stay at my house which is about a 35 minute ride to daytona.

beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

When you get around the Oregon area let me know. I am out in Gresham area, so about an hour from the 101. Give me enough warning and would love to meet you somewhere, maybe even follow along for a bit of the ride. As far as the wife and work will allow
firedevil.gif

You deffinatley need to come down to The Tail of the Dragon. It is about 6 hours off of your existing course however with all the riding you are doing, it would be sad to miss the chance to visit this place.

You're heading right through my area too...we've got a bunch of Busa riders in Richmond, VA and I'm along the Chesapeake not too far from Newport News/VA Beach region...

I think this is awesome!!! I'm so jealous!
bowdown.gif

when ya hit hwy 101 in cali dont forget the avenue of the giants it parallels 101 and gos thru the redwood forest

Thank you to all the kind offers so far to host or ride.
smile.gif
It's great to hear! I'll start making a list and figure out what works best for me and anyone who offers.
smile.gif

@MPH 200 - That is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. A nice little road AND a cool attraction to go check out. I hope I'm passing through on a weekend there to see the museum.

@racerV - I have been tossing around the thought of going to the Tail of the Dragon, it's a great suggestion.

Keep 'em coming!!
ThumbsUp.gif

smile.gif

Back