Riding at night....

Randy Randy, Randy, - 85mph at night? I know it was a typo.

I believe you were traveling at the posted limit and were dreaming of a new busa,

temporarily lost concentration trying to decide on the color.

you have been demoted to a safer bike

100_0775.JPG

absolutely HID... without that I likely would have been a second or 2 later on the realization that I was in so much trouble....  and I am sure I did not have that much extra room to play with...  When the road disappeared from where it was supposed to be was when I came out of my little coma...

It is possible I would have been running slower on less light too, hard to say...
After having HID, I can't believe I rode the busa at night for as long as I did. Even the Sylvania Silverstar was a 100% improvement over the junk stock unit.

Randy Randy, Randy, - 85mph at night? I know it was a typo.

I believe you were traveling at the posted limit and were dreaming of a new busa,

temporarily lost concentration trying to decide on the color.

you have been demoted to a safer bike
uh huh.... could not edit the typo out sir.....
smile.gif

I am all for the smaller bike for a time .. think I need a second bike that may be a bit more forgiving a moments lapse in concentration... (at least for commuting)
smile.gif

smile.gif

I am glad you are OK, and pulled it off without a crash or any damage !!! No matter the verbal sparring that goes on with the difference of opinions or probably more likely the misunderstandings with being on a forum instead of face to face, I would never want to see someone hurt or their bike damaged.
winkold.gif

Thanks for the "Heads Up" and stay safe...
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

I am glad you are OK, and pulled it off without a crash or any damage !!! No matter the verbal sparring that goes on with the difference of opinions or probably more likely the misunderstandings with being on a forum instead of face to face, I would never want to see someone hurt or their bike damaged.
winkold.gif

Thanks for the "Heads Up" and stay safe...
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Glad you're Ok! It is a caution to us all that it takes such a small lapse to land us in a position we can't ride out of. Fortunately you did have the concentration and skill to do so. For myself, my eyes take so long to adjust to changes in low light situations now adays, that I simply don't ride at night anymore. (I may be the only guy here who dosn't need HID's!)

Glad you're Ok! It is a caution to us all that it takes such a small lapse to land us in a position we can't ride out of. Fortunately you did have the concentration and skill to do so. For myself, my eyes take so long to adjust to changes in low light situations now adays, that I simply don't ride at night anymore. (I may be the only guy here who dosn't need HID's!)
I think it was 5% skill, and 95% the grace of god that I did not check the breaking point of a telephone pole... I treat the double yellow like the edge of the road, to cross it and actually find the edge of the road was most unnerving...

thanks all for not thrashing me
smile.gif

Back