Update on Taking Ex's son racing. Spent night at hospital

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
We drove 2 hours north yesterday afternoon so he could race. He ran 2 classes. Open C where he ran against 450's on his 250. He placed 4th overall out of 13 riders. He also raced the 250 C class. First Moto he placed 4th and the final moto/ final race of the night he got clipped from behind on a jump and went down hard. Next rider over the jump landed on him.

So I spent the night at the hospital with him waiting for his mom and sister. Broken wrist and Femur. Emergency surgey to place a rod and screws in the thigh. He will be there until Tuesday. His season is done now. I felt so bad for him when the doctor told him and he just started to cry.

I will keep this updated as I am sure I am forgetting something. I have been up for 27 hours now and really have no clue where I am.

Damn man, that sucks. Good on you though for doing the right thing.

Wow, so very sorry to hear. Broken femur is no BS. Thoughts and prayers sent to all of you! :please:

Sorry to hear, tell him we are thinking about him and get well soon

Bad deal alright, sorry to hear.. Fortunately femurs, though a serious break, are one of the easier bones to heal, especially at 16. With them pinning it (which is pretty much standard procedure), he will probably be up and standing by no later than tomorrow. They usually want you out of bed and moving within 24 hours from the surgery.
Unfortunatly, that's the nature of motocross, it's a rough and tumble sport. Now he has something to focus on. Rest, heal, and begin training for next season..

wow...these things happen glad you were there for him lurch

When I used to ride off-road I came home everytime bloody! I would sneak into the garage by turning the bike off down the road and pushing it home. Then i would yell to my mom "I'm Home" so she wouldn't see whater was bloody until I got it cleaned up a bit. Never had anything that serious though....

Hope he heals up quick and is at peace with the realities of the sport. Hope Mom understands that boys will be boys!

Bad deal alright, sorry to hear.. Fortunately femurs, though a serious break, are one of the easier bones to heal, especially at 16. With them pinning it (which is pretty much standard procedure), he will probably be up and standing by no later than tomorrow. They usually want you out of bed and moving within 24 hours from the surgery.
Unfortunatly, that's the nature of motocross, it's a rough and tumble sport. Now he has something to focus on. Rest, heal, and begin training for next season..

Tom is correct. Mine healed quickly without any real problems. :whistle:

I hope he makes a quick recovery.

Sorry to hear Kevin; thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery...

Thank you everyone. It was a long day. 30+ hours without sleep. He is resting and doing ok. I told him everyone was thinking of him and praying for him and he said thank you and smiled.

He will be ok. It will take some time to heal before he can ride again. I just hope his mom lets him ride. She is saying no right now and giving here past history I can understand. But I think in time she will let him ride.

Again Thank you to everyone from me and the Boy.

Back