Rider Next To You

There is a young lady that rides with on occassion, but I personally don't worry about her. She is riding an R-6 and can hold her own. Guess that what happens when you grow scaping pegs in the Smokey Mountains. Not to mention...she likes to ride fast.

sh!t... I can barely get her to ride with me, let alone get her own bike... I have come tot he conclusion that the bike riding is for me and not for her...

CLoud

My wife follows me on a Kawi Z750S.  Even though my wife has been riding for years, yes it is a bit more nerve racking when she's riding because I find myself looking out for both of us at the same time.  

To hopefully lessen the odds of her going down I've tried to at least stack the odds in our favor.

Since most motorcycle accidents happen from the front, I always take the lead so hopefully she'll have time to react if a dumb cager pulls out in front of me.  And as you know cagers love to tailgate or run up on the a## of bikes, so I installed Hyper-lights (with flashing option) on the rear of our bikes so they are a bit more visible.

And since we live in amongst a nightmare of traffic, I select backroads and less traveled roads to ride on, and steer clear of Interstates and such.

I'd hate to see her (or myself) go down, but hey, we're all playing the odds, and hoping for the best!
Sounds like you're doing the same thing as I.

You must be a smart, briliant man!
biggrin.gif

My wife doesn't ride at all, not with me, and not on her own... which is kind of a bummer. However... I often think about the dangers of biking (I can't help it), and I know if she's safe then someone can raise our kids if something ever happened to me (God forbid).

Not a very good thought I know, and a little on the morbid side, sorry about that.

My wife (TheKatsMeow) rides beside,behind, and sometimes in front of me even!
At first I was very nervous about it~ My worst fear is having to watch her highside, lowside, or being taken out by a dumdazz cager~ I do still have these fears, but they are more to the back of my mind these days~ Her skill level has slowly increased to a point where I feel she can avoid and/or recover from most situations thrown in her path~ I also would like to believe she harvests the same fears about me every time I head out on the Busa, so it would be overly selfish of me to deny her the same love and enjoyment I get outta being up on two wheels~ Having her ride with me, as opposed to on the same bike just sitting behind me, is a much more gratifiying experience~  
cool.gif

G_B.jpg

I bought my wife a zx6 to ride, she does good but i still find myself looking in the mirrors to see if she is ok when we ride. I will be giving her my 05 blue/silver busa when i find me the 05 LE. I'm glad to have her riding next to me rather than on the same bike.

Topic: Rider Next To You, Your wife??[/QUOTE]

I suffer from a mild case of dislexia....damn that one threw me for a sec.
smile.gif

Mine rides a cruiser, wants a sportbike now. She started out a bit rough, but is learning quickly now.

My "better half" hates motorcycles. She claims that if I someday don't come back from a ride, well, at least the kids will still have one parent left. I have to agree with her on that account, it's getting more and more crowded on our highways and byways and it takes all of my concentration and focus just to keep me with the rubber down; I just can't imagine the distraction of worrying about my wife if she were out here, whew! Flame away gals, but first understand that I love you all dearly, but do you know what the most dangerous thing out there is? It's a woman driving and simultaneously talking on a cell phone! Whew!!!! Hmmmm, I sure hope they don't try that while driving one of our beloved two wheeled marvels! YIKES! ;>

My wife has two bikes, and I have two bikes. She doesn't ride much, although I wish she did, I never worried about her when we ride together or when she goes out alone.

Don't know how it is where you live, but in Cali, there are a lot of women riders on Sport bikes, on the street and track. They all ride just as well and fast as guys. Well, not all of them, and not all of the guys.

LoBusa, on this board is a woman, and she rides a Busa. She is definitely an "A" rider.

My wife rides a 2003 ZX9r. I get nervous sometimes. I would think thats pretty much normal. She also likes to drag race at the track. Her best is a 10.34@137.

My wife learned on a ZX6 a few years ago.  We sold that bike.  Now she ride my old FJ1200.  She says it's easier to ride than the Ninja.  We took the MSF class together and she learned pretty quickly.  I still get nervous when I ride with her.

My wife Spicy rides and she's getting pretty fast in the twisties. She keeps bugging me for a 1000 now and wants to do wheelies!

Ride_11_06_05_18.jpg

well I thought I had posted on here but I guess it didn't take. My wife loves to ride. She has the VStar 1100 but has been know to steal mine on occasions. What is she thinking? Although people love to see her on it. It is awesome to have your spouse or significant out there riding with you. She doesn't ride on the back anymore
sad.gif

thebikes.jpg

My wife tried to learn but made me really nervous just watching her in the parking lot. I think we'll be selling her bike early next year
sad.gif

My wife rides, even took the MSF class with me. Even though she sold her bike before we left Hawaii, she is still eager to ride even tries to get on mine. But i wont let her ride the king..
biggrin.gif

My wife rides. She's actually fairly decent; been riding about a year now. She cracked it up this past April and since then, she's been quite timid but not too bad. She doesn't corner as well now as she did until right before the accident.

At first, it was sheer insanity riding with her. On my part, that is. It drove me nuts to have her with me because 90% of my attention was on her and only 10% on my own riding. Made it really nerve-wracking.

Now, I don't even worry about her any more. She falls back sometimes and I slow up and wait for her.

We have Chatterboxes which helps quite a bit. I recommend it EXCEPT, it IS a little bit of an additional diversion. Proceed with caution.

Absolutely LOVE to ride with my wife. Her and all the other women in the groups we hang out in.

--Wag--

MY GIRL RIDES SOMTIMES HARDER THAN ME. SHE HATES IT WHEN I TREAT HER LIKE A NEWBIE. I DO IT CAUSE I LOVE HER AND DON'T WANT HER TO GET HURT.

Back