Rider down... and out~

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
This is just one reason why you'll never see me on one wheel~ It's a shame.. and I feel for his family he left behind, but find it hard to have sympothy for the rider~  
pissed.gif

Just my opinion.. so flame away if you feel the need~  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Motorcyclist killed in Pinellas crash

Last Edited: Thursday, 17 May 2007, 7:43 AM EDT
Created: Thursday, 17 May 2007, 7:43 AM EDT

Pinellas County, Florida DUNEDIN - A 26-year-old Clearwater man was killed Wednesday night when he lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb in Dunedin.

According to a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office report, witnesses reported seeing the man traveling south on Belcher Road at a high rate of speed just before 8:00 p.m. Dennis Joseph Krone was up on one wheel when he lost control of the motorcycle and hit the curb at the intersection of Belcher Road and Andrews Court.

Krone was airlifted to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, where he was pronounced dead at 9:37 pm.

PCSO investigators are still gathering evidence in an effort to determine what caused the crash. The Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy for the official cause of death.

Truly a sad thing. I am not going to flame you, as you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

I do however, feel sad for him because we have all chosen to do stupid or risky things. It is ashamed that he paid the ultimate price for a few seconds of adrenaline rush.

RIP and prayers going out to his family and friends.

Well - I guess the hardest part for people to accept is that you are never in 100% control - I don't do wheelie's either, but that isn't the only way to go down.

Thanks for the article Greg - I, also feel sorry for any family and friends that he left behind.

Can we go A day without someone dying?

Rip brother.

Such a waste of a son, a brother, father, nephew, cousin, uncle, and no chance now of ever being a grandfather.

Not to sound harsh, but this is the season for it.  People are out buying bikes or getting them out of storage and riding them without thinking of the consequences.

I'm with you GJoker.  Since they mentioned a curb, that leads me to believe he was stunting in the city.  You don't find many curbs in the boonies.  I've said this a million times, take stunting and agressive riding out to the boonies where you won't endanger anyone else.  Ride with a brain.  I do not feel sorry for the rider, he made his own choices.  But I do feel sorry for his family and friends...

When riding wheelies in town it never comes as a surprise when someone dies. I occasionally treat the art museum district as my own personal race course and if I slid into the back of a bus I wouldn't want any sympathy.
Sorry for the guys family.

(Charlesbusa @ May 17 2007,14:15) Not to sound harsh, but this is the season for it.  People are out buying bikes or getting them out of storage and riding them without thinking of the consequences.

I'm with you GJoker.  Since they mentioned a curb, that leads me to believe he was stunting in the city.  You don't find many curbs in the boonies.  I've said this a million times, take stunting and agressive riding out to the boonies where you won't endanger anyone else.  Ride with a brain.  I do not feel sorry for the rider, he made his own choices.  But I do feel sorry for his family and friends...
Exactly... there is a place for playing/stunting.. same as racing.. and it isn't on the city streets~ Yes I have opened my throttle up to 180 before~ When I did, we were riding on some very vacant roads in the middle of a forrest~ You'll never see me doing 180 down a well populated city street~ I love going to stunt fests and such, but when I see it on the streets because someone wants to look cool to someone else.. I can't like it~ I tend to think to myself.. there goes another squidly dumbarse~
Don't get me wrong... I do feel sad that a life has been lost, prolly a good life even, yet I find that I have no sympothy for the rider when I read how it happened~
I also understand, Shawn, that people go down for many different reasons and I can sympothise(yeah, my spelling sux) with most... but had you went down due to stunting on them roads... I wouldn't have been the one passing you my spare parts~ It's one thing to loose control on wet roads.. and a totally nuther to loose it while doing like this lost soul did~

Stunting anywhere other than a closed parking lot or back road spots prefferably with lots of space for unexpected run offs if just plain dumb. Its very sad that another fools family will be all messed up because he just had to do a trick.
Heres a little tip from wise a$$. The next time your at a light or in slow or open traffic and some lil cutie is checkin you out on your shiny bike and in any way asks for a trick she deserves this............WHen she says "pop a wheelie or whatever stupid request , say, You wanna see a trick? she normaly shouts" YEAH" ...YOU SAY.... Show me your T*TS!! A good 50 percent of the time they go for it. IF they do simply say.. how you like that trick? Then smoothly drive away .
Always good for laughs and a great opener. Just tryin to lighten the mood.

(GJoker @ May 17 2007,12:47) This is just one reason why you'll never see me on one wheel~ It's a shame.. and I feel for his family he left behind, but find it hard to have sympothy for the rider~  
pissed.gif

Just my opinion.. so flame away if you feel the need~  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Motorcyclist killed in Pinellas crash

Last Edited: Thursday, 17 May 2007, 7:43 AM EDT
Created: Thursday, 17 May 2007, 7:43 AM EDT

Pinellas County, Florida DUNEDIN - A 26-year-old Clearwater man was killed Wednesday night when he lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb in Dunedin.

According to a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office report, witnesses reported seeing the man traveling south on Belcher Road at a high rate of speed just before 8:00 p.m. Dennis Joseph Krone was up on one wheel when he lost control of the motorcycle and hit the curb at the intersection of Belcher Road and Andrews Court.

Krone was airlifted to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, where he was pronounced dead at 9:37 pm.

PCSO investigators are still gathering evidence in an effort to determine what caused the crash. The Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy for the official cause of death.
If a rider crashed and died in a motogp race or went down on the dragon and died would you have sympathy? Both of them could have died due to rider error. The guy who crashed and died doing a wheelie died due to rider error and stupidity... and didn't deserve death as his penalty for that stupidity.

I think you need to re-evaluate your statement because death certainly isn't the penalty he deserved for simply doing a wheelie. Some might say that riding a motorcycle on public roads at all is stupid... and I actually can't disagree with them. It's dangerous. Period. We can die at 30 or 130... and it all depends on where and how we land when we fall.

(GJoker @ May 17 2007,15:05)
(Charlesbusa @ May 17 2007,14:15) Not to sound harsh, but this is the season for it.  People are out buying bikes or getting them out of storage and riding them without thinking of the consequences.

Exactly... there is a place for playing/stunting.. same as racing.. and it isn't on the city streets~ Yes I have opened my throttle up to 180 before~ When I did, we were riding on some very vacant roads in the middle of a forrest~ You'll never see me doing 180 down a well populated city street~ I love going to stunt fests and such, but when I see it on the streets because someone wants to look cool to someone else.. I can't like it~ I tend to think to myself.. there goes another squidly dumbarse~
Don't get me wrong... I do feel sad that a life has been lost, prolly a good life even, yet I find that I have no sympothy for the rider when I read how it happened~
I also understand, Shawn, that people go down for many different reasons and I can sympothise(yeah, my spelling sux) with most... but had you went down due to stunting on them roads... I wouldn't have been the one passing you my spare parts~ It's one thing to loose control on wet roads.. and a totally nuther to loose it while doing like this lost soul did~
You said " Yes I have opened my throttle up to 180 before~ When I did, we were riding on some very vacant roads in the middle of a forrest~ " so does that make it ok? It was still highly illegal and yes.... stupid. So should we have sympathy for you if you died while being stupid. According to your way of thinking we shouldn't. What you did is no less idiotic than a person popping a wheelie and losing control. And the article never really gave much info at all to judge the situation.

I'd have sympathy for you if you crashed and died, because no matter how stupid it is doing a high speed run is on a public road... the rider doesn't deserve death as a penalty.

So sorry to hear. RIP.
sad.gif

I'm to agree with PaNDeM1C. We have all done things that push the limit. That's why we enjoy riding so much. To die by it does deserve sympathy. Maybe we've all just been more fortunate than other at this point.

I'd also like to point out from the quote from the article-

'According to a Pinellas County Sheriff's Office report, witnesses reported seeing the man traveling south on Belcher Road at a high rate of speed just before 8:00 p.m. Dennis Joseph Krone was up on one wheel when he lost control of the motorcycle and hit the curb at the intersection of Belcher Road and Andrews Court.'

It doesn't really say that this unfortuneate fallen riden was doing 'wheelies'. It may be stupid to assume that he wasn't, but it claims that he was 'up on one wheel when he lost control'. He could have been accelerating hard, had hit something in the road, accelerated over a crest, etc. Many guys do many wheelies for many years. You do have to be smart about when and where. So sad!

Back