WA Rider down..

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
KENT, Wash. - A motorcyclist who was doing "wheelies" at high speed without a helmet was killed Sunday afternoon when he lost control of his motorcycle.

Kent Fire Department and King County Medic One emergency crews responded to the scene, in the 10700 block of SE 232nd Street on Kent’s Easthill, at about 2:30 p.m.

Medics began CPR but were unsuccessful in resuscitating the 25-year-old Tukwila man. He was pronounced dead at the scene, said Kent Deputy Fire Marshal Don Barberie.

According to witnesses, the man was driving up and down the street doing "wheelies" at speed when he lost control and slammed into a cinder block wall.

The motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet.

The King County Sheriff’s Office is conducting the investigation. The name of the motorcyclist was not released.

Sad, ridding with a helmet isn't the brightest move but I'm sure he wasn't expecting that to happen. RIP rider.

stupid is as stupid does....RIP Rider...sadly he won't be the only squid lost to this type of tomfoolery...???

Oh man!!! I almost feel the need to wear my helmat even when my bike is stationary... Wheelies with a naked head???

RIP to yet another rider who could have survived wear just one critical piece of gear.

I'm all for freedom of choice, but it is still a shame. Even I'm guilty of riding squid a few times on the street in front of my house just to do a basic check. It's ATGATT for everything else.

If there is an emoticon for a deep, 'dang it, I wished that wouldn't happen!', regretful kind of sigh, please insert it here...RIP, fellow rider. Prayers...:please:

that will stop you in a hurry...rip I feel sorry for the family of the rider but not for the rider himself, what a stupid thing to do

Sometimes we all do stupid things but loosing a young person just gives you a sick feeling. As you get older I think you realize the value of every minute of life. It was a stupid mistake but bottom line is he's dead. I just hate to hear about these things. RIP rider and all be safe.

Makes me sad as well. I too, have a hard time feeling any sympathy for this guy. No Helmet while doing wheelies at speed?

However, the helmet may not have saved him from the impact with the cinder block wall.

RIP!

Back