Ricky Gadson goes 9.31 @ 149 in Vegas testing the new zx14r

HEMIBUSA here you go!! He is still looking for the 8.85 but here are some back up passes!!
image-200.jpg

Teezy 8.50s very quick . I have a friend in Calif that runs 8.50s @ 163 with his ZX14 at 67 inch wheel base .. Some guys just have more skill than others .. I saw Little Nick jump on a ZX14 at 64 inches ( his first time on a zx14) and run 8.62 ..

What if they added a little sauce to the gas tank when no-one was looking? You simply can't base results on one multi- run session.

Holla at me when a busa goes as quick as Larry 'Spiderman' McBride Best 1/4 mile: 5.809 on a Kawi ...:moon::laugh: There is allways two sides to every coin .. :beerchug:

While that is super fast:

Ronnie Procopio went 4.067 on a Suk, that is light years away from a 5.8 run.

The 14 was a great bike to begin with. Props to Kawi for product development and raising the bar yet again.
Kawi does not sit for long, they took the best sport tourer in the industry (concours) and polled it's riders and
made it better. They come out with new models (Z1000, ninja 1000, and whole new vulcan series) and improve
the old ones.

Suzuki on the other hand didn't even have 2010 models much less NEW models. I'll forgo my usual rant on the
"warmed over" update of the gen 1.5 busa (just thought we deserved better/more) which now becomes more
apparent with the latest Kawi offering.

Yeah I love my Busa like nothing else but I don't drink the kool-aid and give credit where credit is due and you
can't really poo-poo on the new 14 till Zuk answers back (and we're answering now instead of leading) and based
on past Suzuki history...it may be A WHILE. Heck it took 'em 10 years to throw new brakes in the parts bin and
increase the stroke and compression a bit.

Let Ricky & the ZX-14's run a Busa with a non-biased rider and during a staged comparison:
year old on hayabusa stock - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Let Ricky & the ZX-14's run a Busa with a non-biased rider and during a staged comparison:
year old on hayabusa stock - YouTube[/url]

year old on hayabusa vs. zx14 with bottle (Nos) - YouTube[/url]

lol .. Kind of looks that way doesn't it .. Really it is flat but the shut down is up hill making it look like that ..

It's a awesome track to race on, so smooth and with an additional 1/2 mile uphill run-off you don't need both brakes. I removed one front rotor and caliper (weight reduction efforts) with my BST wheels and a light weight Galpher race rotor and I can actually make the first turn-off vs. turning off at the end.

Ricky is back in Vegas testing the new zx14r for the up coming press release day ... With a strap and lowing links Ricky busted of a 9.31 @ 149 .. That is very fast for a track with DA of 3000 feet..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5nSIAOD-o48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any one wonder why there are two videos out there showing Ricky unveiling the new ZX14 in Vegas, one at 9.3 and one at 9.7. I guess Kawi didn't like the 9.7 so they sent Ricky back to Vegas, :rofl: See this you tube vid:
ZX14 unveiled with Rickey Gadson - YouTube[/url]
Also look at the dates of the videos, one in Oct and one in Nov...hmmmm

Back