Ricky Gadson goes 9.31 @ 149 in Vegas testing the new zx14r

Holla at us when you guys find a bike that'll beat the 311.9 mph HAYABUSA that Bill Warner destroyed the land speed record with!:kissass: Anyway, I wonder why we argue over Kaw and Zuk when their both owned by the same people.:lala: Or at least that's what a dealer told me...:whistle:
Holla at me when a busa goes as quick as Larry 'Spiderman' McBride Best 1/4 mile: 5.809 on a Kawi ...:moon::laugh: There is allways two sides to every coin .. :beerchug:

Holla at me when a busa goes as quick as Larry 'Spiderman' McBride Best 1/4 mile: 5.809 on a Kawi ...:moon::laugh: There is allways two sides to every coin .. :beerchug:

:duh::bowdown: Spiderman is one quick MOFO and thats my point exactly, their both excellent bikes, but we need to all get on one accord and agree that the HAYABUSA is not only excellent but superior!:spank::corner: Ok now that that's agreed upon, I'll leave quietly.:tiptoe:

building a wall around you busa will not retain its crown as the king of speed, the 14 is now the king of stock motorcycles at the drag strip.

I was under the impression the BMW S1000R are king of the hill right now.

I want to see an what an average Joe "pro" rider on a bought from a dealer bike can do. Not a factory sponsored rider on factory prepped bikes. Until the real world proves the factory's and its sponsored rider's claims the #s are meaningless!!

Thats what Im saying. Its awesome that Ricky ran thoses time but the avg joe wont run thoses times. And who weighs 130lbs these days. I want to see reality!! I go to the track and see most guys in the 180-210 range riding bikes. Granted their is one or two under 180 and we have our local pro rider thats 135. But lets be real here. If your 200lbs you will never weigh what gadison weighs. And unless you are a badass that know one knows about you will never ride with his skill. One of the best hand clutch riders on the planet.

Well not apple to apples testing .. The DA was 600 feet when shine ran a 9.47 on the busa and low 9.50s on the zx12r .. Rickys DA was around 3000 feet in Vegas .. Ricky out weighs Shine by 30 pounds .. The mods were close but for the gearing .. Shine changed the gearing on both the busa and zx12 to run those numbers .. The gearing was stock on the 2012 zx14r he was riding ..

Not apples to apples in any way shape or forum. At what 1430cc's with im sure a head and cam to allow it to breath there is no real comparsion here. Its not one-sided because I have a busa. Its facts!!

Look how much better the gen 2 busa with a 1340 runs vs the 1299 gen1. I listen to guys at the track with gen 2 constantly tell me how there bike runs with just bolt-ons in a attempt to dog on my gen 1. Wow!!! larger motor,cams, and head in stock forum with bolt-ons its faster???? shocker!!!

People put the zx12,zx14 and busa in the same class because they are closed in cc's but we all know that 100cc's is alot. Hell same cc's with a better head/cam setup makes a huge difference.

These arguements are stupid. Sounds like the 1000's trying to talk down the busa's... stock motor blah blah blah!! forget the fact they make the same rearwheel stock as a gen 1 busa weighing 100lbs less. Lets see how fast that 1000 is with 100lb weight suit added to the rider.

Apples to apples..... put a 1441 gen 2 busa againest a zx14r and see what happens. Will the busa win? Who knows!! But that would be apples to apples.

Busa owners are so cocky sometimes, it's good to be humbled.

I dont see cocky in this thread. Posting ZX14R on a busa forum can come off 2 different ways. The way I look at it which is just information about bikes in general. I think the zx14 is but ugly!! wont matter if with a 240lb rider it would go 8.80's stock!! I wouldnt own one for that reason alone. no class or style!! Only thing it will be remembered for is being ugly. kawa should redesign the look.

The 2nd way is to ruffle feathers or stir up stuff. Look what the stock zx14r did vs a gen 2 busa. And the op has ZX14's in his sig. which doesnt help.

I doesnt bother me either way.

I want to see what a reality rider would run on it.

The latest from Ricky in GA .. Pipe tuned , stock wheel base..

Rickys899pass.jpg

Thats sick!!!

Our pro rider here has a gen 2 busa stock wheelbase with a slipon,lowered and strapped. He goes 8.85@157

If I was being cocky busa owner I could just say it makes less power,has less cc's and is faster then ricky on the zx14r with the same mods. In all honesty this is a fact.

1300HB,

We get it....you got a hard on for and are on the Rickey band wagon. You also truly are in love with the 14r. It is putting down impressive numbers and is a beast. All that said are you getting your jollies off coming here and stirring the pit??

I have always liked the 14 and gave props where it was due. It was and is a great bike! Seems as though you would now be much better suited on one of the 14 sites?? Just a thought...

Kudos to Kawasaki....it only took 4 years to take back the 1/4 mile crown!! WooHoo I am impressed :sarcasm:

1300HB,

We get it....you got a hard on for and are on the Rickey band wagon. You also truly are in love with the 14r. It is putting down impressive numbers and is a beast. All that said are you getting your jollies off coming here and stirring the pit??

I have always liked the 14 and gave props where it was due. It was and is a great bike! Seems as though you would now be much better suited on one of the 14 sites?? Just a thought...

Kudos to Kawasaki....it only took 4 years to take back the 1/4 mile crown!! WooHoo I am impressed :sarcasm:
Well i don't really care about Ricky one way or the other .. I just posted the info for the guys here that own ZX14s .. A lot of Busa owners also own ZX14s .. ZX14 is a great bike and so were my 2 Busas that i owned .. I have been here since 2005 but i don't post to much but i do read alot of the threads.. Unlike some people i have an open mind about bike brands and buy what fits me ..I'm sure it will make you happy i have owned more new Zooks than any other brand going back 41 years .. Trust me on this IF zooky comes out with a new killer Busa i will own one .. :laugh:

Never limit yourself to being a one manufacture owner. I have never found my turbo Busa to be bothered by the ZX-10. Both bikes get my adrenaline flowing and reminds me that I am alive out here in Vegas. People will never be able to agree on a "best bike", period.

IMG_1932.jpg

I'm a rider. Not a Strictly Suzuki rider, a rider of all makes. I like motorcycles as a whole and can appreciate the difference in all. Kawi makes some nasty bikes and so does Suzuki. Why can't we all just talk about bikes without all the stupid " I though this was a Busa site" crap? If I can take it apart I like it.

I seem to remember a 8.91@150+ pass with Brock on a 08 busa oranrge/black .....(-200 elevation) so running race fuel don't count for stock motor/wheelbase.....Brock wrote the article on testing the gen2 when it came out,he also broke 200 in the mile.How the hell does a 8.97 beat a 8.91 when reaction time don't matter.Wish I new where that article was but it wouldn't matter anyway....but....the new 14 does have enough poop to beat 8.91

beemer blah blah
14 blah blah
busa blah blah

nobody wants to talk about the real stock motor 1/4 mile record that happened at Rockingham....Brock raised enough hell on pycobike crying when that busa beat teasly's time on the bmw..........OH WAIT he had an air shifter so that don't count.....so much bullsh1t rapped in all this crap it's amazing.:banghead:

Wow Teezy your boy is fast, so fast he beat JTs record on the BMW 1000RR for fastest stock wheel base bike in the world , and he did it with a slip on exhaust .. Amazing for a stock motored Busa ..

I know this kid and talk to him everytime Im at the track. But like I said he is the track pro rider nicknamed "the 7 sec kid" aka Brandon Mitchan. Brandon is friends with JT as in they talk on the phone all the time. He also know your boy ricky. They all competed in the same REAL STREET class this last weekend. Check the stats on this past weekend in GEORIGA. Youll see his name in the winner's circle running one of his gen 2 busa's in STREET ET.

Teezy if you don't mind would you post a video, picture or time slip of that Busa.. I would love to see it as i'm sure others would also ..

I will ask the kid for a vid or slip. I have seen the busa in person!! I watched it with a slipping clutch run 9.0's@152!! Also watch my 220 tuner climb on the same bike and go 9.4@148.

I watched "the kid" get on a stock 05 le busa in crazy crosswinds!! I ran a best of 9.73@138 in the same crosswinds from a 9.50@143. Went a 9.96@141

Look him up!!

Ill find some stuff and post it up!!

Teezy In case you didn't know i tossed this video in for you .. 06 zx14 Vs a 08 hayabusa .. Both guys work for Brocks , boths bike are modded the same way with brocks parts , both riders are very skilled , Both bikes stock running stock motors and stock wheel base .. Most guys know these two bikes are so close that it comes down to rider skills ..

Brocks_Performance_06ZX14_08Hayabusa_928Pass.mp4 - YouTube

Thank you for posting that!! Maybe Im the only that noticed but the haybusa trapped 153 to the zx14's 150. You could see plain as day the busa rider didnt leave as good as the zx14 and ran him down. With 153 trap its clear the busa is a faster bike!! Just stating the facts man!!

In all honesty your just proving my point!! 06ZX14 is a 1352cc vs 08 busa 1340cc!! Thats more of a apples to apples race!!

Back