Ricky Gadson goes 9.31 @ 149 in Vegas testing the new zx14r

1300hemi is smakin you guys down with the truth left and right :rofl:. You'd think people would watch what they say, and give credit where it's due lol. I love my busa, and have gone faster than Gadson's time with a stock motor. But that's with my bike stretched, lowered, clutch, etc. Credit where it's due, it would take me a long time to run those times on swb at that elevation. Years of racing, hundreds / thousands of passes, which Gadson has and I don't. (yet) So props to him.

Busa owners are so cocky sometimes, it's good to be humbled.

Well not apple to apples testing .. The DA was 600 feet when shine ran a 9.47 on the busa and low 9.50s on the zx12r .. Rickys DA was around 3000 feet in Vegas .. Ricky out weighs Shine by 30 pounds .. The mods were close but for the gearing .. Shine changed the gearing on both the busa and zx12 to run those numbers .. The gearing was stock on the 2012 zx14r he was riding ..

We are talking about Kawasaki's, when did we start bringing FACTS into the discussion.... :laugh: j/k

..Well not ALL the records .. Flyboys ZX14 holds 2 records at Bonneville .. ZRXDean holds 10 records at Maxton on his ZX10 .. Roy Brooks holds 3 records at Maxton on his ZX14 ..

Those are all great records by great guys! :thumbsup:

I've said it before, glad Kawi has stepped up the 14.....hopefully it means another even better BUSA is on the way! However, with this economy I just don't see it. :(

i thought i was a member of HAYABUSA.org... but lately it feels like zx14r.org too many topics about that thing lately

STFU already. This IS a Busa site but we talk about other bikes too.

Just saw where Ricky Gadson ran a 9.16 @ 156 on the new zx14 in Valdosta Ga .. Nothing but a strap and lowered .. That is crazy fast for stock exhaust , stock wheel base bike ..
It was said he is having problems keeping the front end down in first gear and can't get the throttle locked in first gear ..

Update from Ga .. Ricky Gadson posted this ..

‎2nd pass today I ran a 9.10 at 155
Wasn't able to lock the throttle til late in 1st gear..

Up date from Ga .. Ricky Gadson posted this ..

‎2nd pass today I ran a 9.10 at 155
Wasn't able to lock the throttle til late in 1st gear..

That is ridiculous fast for a stock bike. Dont see why he couldnt break into the 8's.

And it gets faster ..... What we knew as a fast stock street bike has just changed .. 9.04 @ 155

gadson904.jpg

I'm pissed . I have given the wrong info , i was lead to believe the bike he was running in GA this weekend would be set up the same as the Vegas bike .. . The bike Ricky ran in Vegas that ran 9.31 is NOT the bike he is running in GA that ran 9.04 .. It is a new ZX14R BUT is piped, tuned . It made 201 on the dyno at the race before he ran these numbers . It is stock wheel base but that's it.. Guys Sorry for giving you the wrong info ..

What's done to your bike when it was stock wheel base? In your sign says 9.11@151. He went .2 faster then you with 100cc more.

What's done to your bike when it was stock wheel base? In your sign says 9.11@151. He went .2 faster then you with 100cc more.
Mine was lowered , strapped , Brocks CT pipe and race map .. Running 89 octane pump gas ..Stock wheel base .. 17/40 gears and not the stock 17/41 gears ( 17/40 helped with wheelies in first gear ) .. I weight about 25 pounds less than Ricky ..

DSCF0046-1.jpg

..Well not ALL the records .. Flyboys ZX14 holds 2 records at Bonneville .. ZRXDean holds 10 records at Maxton on his ZX10 .. Roy Brooks holds 3 records at Maxton on his ZX14 ..

Holla at us when you guys find a bike that'll beat the 311.9 mph HAYABUSA that Bill Warner destroyed the land speed record with!:kissass: Anyway, I wonder why we argue over Kaw and Zuk when their both owned by the same people.:lala: Or at least that's what a dealer told me...:whistle:

Back