Brock and Ricky G Press Day in Vegas for the new ZX14R

1300hemibusa

Registered
This is what Ricky and Brock had to say about the new ZX14R ..

Ricky Gadson :
THIS BIKE IS UNBELIEVABLE!! WITH NO WIND ON THE SAME BIKE I WENT 9.31,TODAY I REELED OFF
9.28,9.26.9.26,and a 9.25 @ 151.39mph.....IN VEGAS(I have to keep reminding you that it near 3000 ft adjusted alt today)

9.25 151 is INSANE......and i am sure now the PRODUCTION BIKES ARE STRONGER THAN ROARING TOYZ PRE-PRODUCTION I RODE 2 WEEKS AGO!!

Brock :

I also confirmed with the KHI ZX-14R project engineer that the Roaring Toyz pre-production engine was set up for "maximum durability" and not optimized for maximum power like the final production versions... AKA, it was down on power as we suspected from the beginning.

Brock
Brocks Performance

LasVegas-20111128-01809.jpg

rickygadsoninvegas.jpg

926launchinvegas.jpg

Ricky also noted that the guy ( Derrick ) that rode the white busa into the 10s in the last video from Vegas was able to run a 9.41 on the ZX14R..

Heck, it took them 10 years to build a bike that would beat the Busa...I guess we could give them a LITTLE credit. In fact, the more we talk about how hot the new Kawi is, the sooner Suzuki will feel compelled to put out a GEN3.....

dragonbusa I wish i could buy any motorcycle .. My riding days are over ..
Well I"m sorry to hear that man, I know how it feels not to able to ride, I had surgery 4 weeks ago, and couldnt ride for many months before that, What happend to stop you from riding if I may asks?

Well I"m sorry to hear that man, I know how it feels not to able to ride, I had surgery 4 weeks ago, and couldnt ride for many months before that, What happend to stop you from riding if I may asks?
Without getting into details i have a problem with ballance and passing out without notice ..NHRA will not ok a licence for me in either cars or bikes , can't blame them for that ..
It just sucks because i have been a racer all my life and i just love fast bikes ..

You forgot to add the part where all the STOCK bikes are running low-10's with all the editors and journalists riding.

The fastest pass so far is a 9.92....

I think the worst part is that now they are saying the ROARING TOYZ bike and the PRE-PRODUCTION bikes are different.....not that I care but now you will have people claiming they are sending out ringers to stir more hype....

Lets see what Brock runs on the ZX14R since he is there... :beerchug:

Guys, in my mind it doesn't matter who built the bike .. The fact that a stock bike with nothing more than strap and lowered with a 175 pound rider can run 9.25 @ 151 with a DA of 2900 feet is unreal .. The bike has stock pipes, no tune and running pump gas .. Doesn't matter if its a Honda or Suk or whatever , that is fast ! Makes me wonder what what would happen if you put little 119 pound JT on the same bike at sea level in good air , would we see the first 8 second bike with stock exhaust ?

You forgot to add the part where all the STOCK bikes are running low-10's with all the editors and journalists riding.

The fastest pass so far is a 9.92....

I think the worst part is that now they are saying the ROARING TOYZ bike and the PRE-PRODUCTION bikes are different.....not that I care but now you will have people claiming they are sending out ringers to stir more hype....

Lets see what Brock runs on the ZX14R since he is there... :beerchug:
Fastest pass as i know of was not a pro was the guy that rode the white busa and he ran 9.41
I have never seen one of this magazine guys go very fast , they are not drag racers and don't really have the skills ..
So i'm guessing you don't trust what Brock had to say about the preproduction bike.. Why would brock lie ?

What elevation are you at ? Your sig shows you beating one of the best drag riders in the world on an older , smaller bike by a 10th with same speed ?

2009 Green ZX14 62 inch wheel base 8.76 @ 154 stock motor on pump gas

2009 zx14 stock wheel base, stock motor on pump gas 5.89 @ 123.89 1/8 mile . 1/4 mile 9.11 @ 151
Yes i know you are faster

According to your sig, you went faster on a "slower" bike. A stock bike is just that. NO straps, NO lowering, NO tuning, No custom nada. You take it off the show room floor and you race it as is. That bike on the other hand is lowered, strapped and has a custom tune. Both s1000RR's and Gen2's have run 8.99's with stock wheel base on "stock" motor's also. This hype means nothing. I've seen bikes at MIRock at MIR this year on stock wheel base run 9.1's. Hardly anyone at the drag strip races a bike with stock pipes, I mean come on. They are hype-ing that bike up just so they can have a reason to sell it. When it can beat a S1000RR on the street then they can talk. That zx14 has a 1441 and still runs the same times the busa and s1000rr's run with stock motors. So again, why is this impressive?

What elevation are you at ? Your sig shows you beating one of the best drag riders in the world on an older , smaller bike by a 10th with same speed ?

2009 Green ZX14 62 inch wheel base 8.76 @ 154 stock motor on pump gas

2009 zx14 stock wheel base, stock motor on pump gas 5.89 @ 123.89 1/8 mile . 1/4 mile 9.11 @ 151
Yes i know you are faster
My 2009 zx14 at stock wheel base on pump gas did run 9.11 @ 151 .. It was piped and tuned , lowered and strapped running pump gas .. It also had a 40 tooth rear sprocket it kill some low end power to help with wheelys in first gear .. I weighed about 145 pounds at that time ..My Track is sea level in FL and i had pretty good air that day.. The bike on my 200I dyno jet dyno made 175 HP SAE with 101 TQ ..
I don't run stock wheel base very much but before i made the mods to my 09 zx14 i did make a few runs on the bike .. With just a strap and lowered on pump gas , stock exhaust ( NO other mods ) i ran a best 9.62 @ 142 ..

The 8.70 runs were after the mods of my 9.11 pass but moved the wheel base out to 62 inches ..

Now looking at Rickys run with nothing but a strap, lowered and running pump gas ( 9.25 @ 151 ) in a DA of 2900 feet i say that is very fast.. Now if you compair it to my 2009 zx14 running 9.62 @ 142 set up the same way at sea level and the fact that he out weighs me by 30 pounds shows the power the ZX14R makes compaired to my 2009..
Below are my time tickets from my piped and tunned stock wheel base 2009 zx14..

BMPtickets.jpg

Fastest pass as i know of was not a pro was the guy that rode the white busa and he ran 9.41
I have never seen one of this magazine guys go very fast , they are not drag racers and don't really have the skills ..
So i'm guessing you don't trust what Brock had to say about the preproduction bike.. Why would brock lie ?

Why does anyone lie? Are you omitting anything regarding your 8.76 @ 154mph??? Hemi, I would like to see you selling your stories and pushing your pro-Kaw agenda somewhere else other than the Hayabusa site, but that is just me.

According to your sig, you went faster on a "slower" bike. A stock bike is just that. NO straps, NO lowering, NO tuning, No custom nada. You take it off the show room floor and you race it as is. That bike on the other hand is lowered, strapped and has a custom tune. Both s1000RR's and Gen2's have run 8.99's with stock wheel base on "stock" motor's also. This hype means nothing. I've seen bikes at MIRock at MIR this year on stock wheel base run 9.1's. Hardly anyone at the drag strip races a bike with stock pipes, I mean come on. They are hype-ing that bike up just so they can have a reason to sell it. When it can beat a S1000RR on the street then they can talk. That zx14 has a 1441 and still runs the same times the busa and s1000rr's run with stock motors. So again, why is this impressive?
I say impressive for a bike with a 175 pound rider with a bike that has gained weight in 2012 (585 pounds ) running stock mufflers in 2900 foot DA .. Sure nobody runs stock mufflers , that is not the point.. The point is nobody on a Gen 1 ZX14 ever came close to that number with stock pipes even with a strap and lowered including Ricky.. I would have to look it up but if i remember right ricky best on the gen 1 zx14 strapped and lowered with stock pipes at Vegas was 9.70s ...So 9.25 on the new bike is a long way from the old zx14 at 9.70s ..

Why does anyone lie? Are you omitting anything regarding your 8.76 @ 154mph??? Hemi, I would like to see you selling your stories and pushing your pro-Kaw agenda somewhere else other than the Hayabusa site, but that is just me.
stories humm , I'll back up my claims .. here are my 8.70 passes and some video.. Be carefull how you call a lier .. Feel free to Call Brock and ask him , he knows me very well and he will tell you i'm no bull ****ter ..

09zx14-1.jpg

zx14 ....8.77 @ 154 No spray No turbo... - YouTube

Back