Return to Deals Gap

Return to Deals Gap - Survey to pick the weekend

• Sept 18-19 (FJR 1300s will be at the gap)

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Sept 12-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aug 28-29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I'd like to gauge the interest for a return trip to Deals Gap. Busa Bash II smile.gif The weekend of Sept 18-19 is the only one of the 3 listed with events posted already at Tailofthedragon.com. The FJR1300 owners group will be up in the area that weekend, so why not get our 1300's up there then too biggrin.gif

At any rate, if anyone is interested please chime in here and post with your preference of dates. I realize two of the weekends listed are the weekend before/after the holiday weekend. I figured that avoiding the holiday weekend will probably be best to keep from having the gap packed with riders.

I'm in. Any dates decided will be alright with me. I just have to schedule time off about a month or so before the actual date. 18th-19th sound fine to me. I'll be bringing two (or more) people with me (my wife Kim-Katana 600 and a friend Daniel CBR600RR). I'm probably going to make a trip up in august also, though not sure when.

Just let me know. Chris

PS Brian: I'm getting off from work at around 4:00 on SUnday the 27th. I could be up in your neck of the woods for a ride by around 5 or so. Let me know if you are intersted. Chris

Hey Chris, sounds good to me. As long as the weather man plays nice on sunday I'm all in for a ride. I called you a couple of times last weekend when we were out riding but you werent around. We went riding down towards Sanford when the bottom fell out of the sky on Sat. sad.gif Then up around the lakes in north ral. on Sunday. I'm sure we can figure something out, maybe meet at Hamm's in Sanford then ride somewhere on Sunday?

Gonna be up there the last week of July-Wish I could get more time off in Aug/Sept,but probably can't pull it off.

How about scheduling up a meet for next year? Some of the folks on the board would love to join you, but don't live close enough to make it..... I was looking at slaying the dragon on or around June 18th, 2005! Anyone interested in this date? This just happens to coincede with the HondaHoot (June 21st, 2005). This will also be Draycore first trip to the Dragon.

hey ks, I'd like to get this going on a yearly or more frequent basis. The only problem with doing something during the HondaHoot would be the crowds. I think they are expecting 10K+ riders during that time which would make for crowded roads and the dragon isnt fun at all with crowds. Would you also be attending the Honda events and thats why you'd wanna go then?

twice a year isn't a big deal... sounds good to me on the date everybody else picked.. i missed the last one.. but hopefully this one will pan out.

well, so far 6 votes for the 18-19th of Sept. We need a handful more to tie the number of riders from the first bash biggrin.gif Should be a good time, where's everyone that went the first time? Come on guys, you know you wanna go again biggrin.gif cool.gif

biggrin.gif

I am ready to try again, the bike is fixed. I missed the cookout and motel stay last time,haha. Maybe this time it won't be such an expensive trip.

Not having any long term memory to speak of, the Sept date sounds just about right. It will be my first trip to the dragon, and to do it with other Busa riders, oh count me in.

there were about 12 of us I believe.... I think we have enough interest to go ahead and pick the 18-19th of sept as the weekend. I'll put a post up on the general thread and we can discuss it more there smile.gif I say we stay at the "resort" again....although I think they have paved our fire pit, so maybe we'll want to investigate the place at the bottom of the hill?

cool.. i be tryign to get to deals gap all frikkin' summer.. haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back