Reserve Tank Hose

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
Where does the other hose(indicated by red arrow) on the Reserve Tank go to if anywhere?

Also, the bike seems to be running a bit hot. I recall a small amount of coolant leaking out of the house in question while I had the Reserve Tank off. If I need to add some coolant, can I just add some to the Reserve Tank or do I need to add it to the Radiator?

Reserve Tank.jpg

Thanks....That's what I guessed as I didn't recall where it was connected to when I removed the side panel. Can coolant be added to that tank? What kind?

I am on a new computer and have not transfered my manual to this one...so maybe someone else will chime in...but I believe it is a 50/50 mix using distilled water and antifreeze.

I have Engine Ice in mine so I am on a different regiment.

I would ck the radiator to and top off as well ,just like a car.just because the reserve tank reads full doesnt nesaceraly mean the radiator is,thus may be the reason you are running hot,doesnt hurt to ck.

I would ck the radiator to and top off as well ,just like a car.just because the reserve tank reads full doesnt nesaceraly mean the radiator is,thus may be the reason you are running hot,doesnt hurt to ck.

Agreed. Probably safest to check everything. Thanks.

Excess air in the radiator should burp into the over flow tank on its own so adding at the reserve tank should be fine. A 50/50 mix is pretty standard.

Back