Representing the .org with pride

Bike382

Registered
This past weekend was the first landspeed race of the year at Maxton, NC.  I should have pics to post tomorrow.

After rehabing my shoulder from a December surgery, my very first ride of the year I set a record.  Overall I set four records this week while wearing my org shirt.  I was proud to wear it.

I was nowhere near the real fast guys, but I accomplished my first LSR goal of holding all four possible Production records.

Goal number 2 was to get into the 200 MPH club.  Well, I could only pull a best avg speed of 199.19 MPH with a second half trap speed of 199.83 MPH.  

It's so close I can taste it, but it just wasn't in the cards this week.  Anyhow, I can say today that I really wish I would have hit the big 200 but in a small way (very small) I am glad I didn't.

TZ told me I needed to pay my dues and after 10 hours driving home thinking about it, he was right.  Not getting it just because I wanted it made me really hungry for it.  I'll be back after more late nights wrenching, skinning knuckles, loosing blood and sleep and spending money better saved for other things.  I want it, I need it, I will acheive it.

I had a great weekend, set some records, had dinner with friends and honest to God I lived the dream.

I would like to finish with a thanks to the .org for being what it is.  A wonderful place to talk to others like me living the dream.  Thanks guys/gals, you're all good people.  

<!--EDIT|Bike382
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080603827 -->

What a tease.

MPSG3001_RECORD.JPG

Wow man that is awesome!! Congrats on the setting all those records and there's no doubt that you'll achieve your next goals too. Thanks for keeping us updated and we'll be looking for those pics!

DJ

congratulations, 382. You seem very knowledgable and a humble sport as well. You will break many records. Good luck.

Congrats Bike382!!! Glad to see you're back in the game...
cool.gif

You'll be in the 200 club before too long...damn, so close!

You the man!

What all have you done to your bike to obtain that speed so far (sorry if you have already said this previously)?

Thanks so much for all the support, it is much appreciated.

The org definitely had its representation.

Nakedbusa made it and unfortunatley broke a chain which ended his weekend early.

TZ750 set some blistering speeds on his 'naked' busa. I think I heard about 213 MPH. Let me tell you this, at 199 with fairings the wind is massive, so the fact that TZ hit more than 210 naked is incredible.

2Fast4U2c unfortunately didn't make it. Rumor has it he was afraid I would smoke him at the track so he backed out. Just kidding, his Tiger with twin blue bottles would kick my butt. I really heard he had surgery but I haven't confirmed that yet.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but if you find yourself hitting 150 MPH and wanting more, you need to go racing. It's like nothing else you'll ever experience and it's much safer than the street. And, as always, I would donate time at the track to help prep a newcomer to land speed racing.

I am glad I could share it with you folks and I am proud to set my records in the name of Team Too Fast and Hayabusa.org.

Ride safe,

Back