Replacing Brake Pads

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, my bike is coming up on it's first brake pad changing for the front. I'm debating either just doin' it.. or payin the shop to do it.. Whatya think? I'm not a whiz or whatever.. but i can generally figure stuff out pretty quick... is it something a shade tree mechanic can handle without too many problems?

Hey its really easy...I am sure there is a thread in here somewhere on how to do it...I did it myself and at the same time changed to SS galfer lines. Just remember to clean the pistons off really well before you push them back in the caliper...You don't want all that gunk going in the caliper. I used one of the old pads to press the both pistons back at the sametime with large channel locks. Good luck if I can help in any other way pm me.:D

thanks man.. I may do that when I get all lined out.. I've done a few cars.. and it looks about the same.. only smaller...

just wanted to hear somebody say it ya know.. lol

Replacing the front pads is surpisingly easy - even I was able to do it! To make it a bit easier, I'd recommend removing the calipers from the forks via the two bolts on each side.

Back