replacement halogen bulbs? anyone done yet???

OB_cbxchris

Registered
Lyle I got a first set like you mentioned from Overlander...they will repalce any with a new type bulb that gives no trouble and is brighter...I`ve compared my two busa`s side by side. They also upped the wattage on the new type and they are larger also. Overlander# is 1-800-288-4068...part#`s HB-9005 HB-16090 ask for Jeff....super nice guy! around 52 bucks delivered.....

i was looking into putting a blue bulb in the bike. only thing is the bulb looks smaller than any other halogen ive seen. i wanted to get one of those ipf halogens from lockhart. has anyone replaced with one of these or any other light period??? also can i put one in the bright too?

C_Rod / Lyle-
I have recommended the following several times and have not heard a bad word (yet)
I have the 'opportunity' to ride at night at triple digits, with no street lights. These will scald a coyote on high and will not get you in trouble on low.
Low beam: HYPER INDUSTRIES WWW.24hiper.com, or 877-24hiper. h7hw55 (h7) 55=90watts. it is a blue bulb. about $20.
High beam: (it is an automotive type high beam)9005.
I went with a PIAA 9005 White bulb. 65=100w
PIAA.com This will REALLY throw a high beam.
about $40.
both available through autobulbdepot.com
I am running all hyper on my Lexus. The PIAA seems to do better, but hyper does sell the 9005. PIAA does NOT sell a h7.
hyper also sells high wattage bulbs:
H7HW80 AND 9005-HW80 IN TWIN PACKS.
I have a box full of the cheap blue coated over-the-counter bulbs. save your money.
These are actually easily changed-a 15 minute job. the high is 1 minute twist, the low has the spring clamp-just watch the small tab location. page 84-85 in the 99 owners manual. You will be suprised with the Hyper/Piaa setup.

Someone posted a web address to order the blue bulbs a while back but I don't remember what it was. Anyhow I ordered them and they look great. I replaced the low and high beam bulbs with the blue ones. It looks cool even when the bike is off because it gives the headlight a blue tint. As for brightness they are bright as hell! They blind you even during the day!

The blue Halogen bulbs SUC. I paid $55 for a set of hi and low from the internet web site. They put out LESS light. The blue flakes off onto your lamp reflector and stains it. The OEM's are much better.

If you think I am full of sh!t send me $30 and I'll send you a set of bulbs with about 3 hours use.

lrussel@newholland.com

Autobulbdepot sold me the "Hyperwhite" bulbs that I bought. They DEFINITELY throw less light. Yes the blue looks cool.

I have the $55 dollar set(hi & lo) for sale. $30 Who wants 'em. lrussel@newholland.com

havabusa?? so you are running the piaa high watts? your story sounds convincing enough. tell me what ones you are running in your bike. i got lost on your post.....

c_rod,
Sorry for that garbled post-
The PIAA (high beam) is the 9005 platnium series bulb.
It draws only 60 watts and gives off the light of a 110 watt bulb.
I have been running these for almost one year with no problems.
The low beam is the hiper white that gives off the blue light.

[This message has been edited by Havabusa (edited 07 July 2000).]

Back