Replacement battery - sealed or not sealed

Wouldn't recommend it... I assume you mean a traditional battery that requires maintenance of the fluid? Lots of reasons not to...
1. Most are not designed to be at angles other than perpendicular to the ground, can lead to acid leaking out on your bike...
2. Not as resistant to vibration and since battery's use plates/fluids for the most part to make electricity this combination can create an often unstable environment. Resulting in an early death for your new battery...
3. With the high operating temps of todays bikes your looking at a maintenance nightmare... Boiling the battery over and out of fluid can spell trouble.
4. WHY with todays technology not buy a sealed battery for roughly 1/3 more money.  You can avoid all the pitfalls of the traditional style battery and enjoy many years of trouble free operation.

HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR MOTORCYCLE BATTERY...

Thanks guys...
smile.gif

I recommend the fast by gast. It is gel battery and maintenance free, also the cranking is high you would not disappointed. Is the one in my haya

Long story short - I went to the dealer who tried to sell me a non-sealed (you must add acid to activate) battery. He tried to tell me that it was the same as the OEM in my 2003 Busa. But I checked, and my Busa's battery is definatly sealed. For the reasons already pointed out, I went down the street to Batteries Plus and bought a sealed maintainance free battery for $45.

Back