Replaced ECU and bike won't start.

Robertboulter

Registered
Went for a ride out to Matlock Bath in September last year and she died on the A50 with a strong smell of sulphur. The battery had started to melt so I disconnected it. got home and found the reg/rec to generator plug had failed blowing all the bulbs ,melting the battery and killing the ECU. All the bulbs and fuses have been replaced, the reg/rectifier tested (was ok) and a new plug fitted. managed to acquire a good used ECU but bike still won't start. I'm getting a flashing red F1 light ,the code is c42 which I believe is ignition switch signal. Does the ECU need to be married to the bike as with cars or is there another problem.

Bob

@sixpack577

how did u find out the bike is a gen2?

@Robertboulter

1. in the net one can find guys who can flash out the immobilizer
and then every gen2 ecu works

2. where the heck are you from ?

3. with your next tech question ever , mention the type of your busa clearly sp that even stupid guy like me can easyly understand what ur talking about.

Sorry for the late reply fellas, had a busy couple of weeks. Managed to get the keys from the bike the ECU came from and it's now running. Just waiting for a Mofset regulator rectifier and cooling fan relay to arrive and I'll be out and about. Makes sense to fit a Mofset reg/rec as this seems to be the Busas achilles heel and this should prevent a reoccurrence :)

Back