Cant get bike to rev past 3k and dies without throttle

Phil67396

Registered
So my 04 busa ran great, stopped at store quick came back out went to start it and acted like battery was dead. Checked fuses and fuel fuse was blown.. changed that out along with battery and than the fuel pump wouldn't stop priming and engine would not turn over.. found out that all cylinders were full of fuel.. did the dealer mode jumper and nothing not even the C00, so figured the ecu fried and than found out the rectifier fried too. Replaced ecu and rectifier and bike will start if I give it throttle but won't rev higher than 3k and sounds like f****** poop.. definitely sounds like it's misfiring like all crazy.. and also put fresh plugs in when swapped in the new ecu.. can someone please help me I'm going crazy and getting close to reporting this pos stolen lol

Uh, welcome......

Well, fuel in all the cylinders is never a good thing....hopefully you changed the oil....

It sounds as though a wire was either rubbing or was chewed through and maybe as you hit a bump or something like that it contacted ground and cooked the fuel pump. I'd be looking for that wire or the source of the reason the fuel system fuse popped...

Does the fuel pump now cycle when you turn on the key....?

I've never heard of an ECU frying before, how did you determine the ECU and rectifier fried?

Last edited:
Uh, welcome......

Well, fuel in all the cylinders is never a good thing....hopefully you changed the oil....

It sounds as though a wire was either rubbing or was chewed through and maybe as you hit a bump or something like that it contacted ground and cooked the fuel pump. I'd be looking for that wire or the source of the reason the fuel system fuse popped...

Does the fuel pump now cycle when you turn on the key....?

I've never heard of an ECU frying before, how did you determine the ECU and rectifier fried?
I changed out the fuel pump and ecu and fuel pump cycles as it should.. and as far as the fried ecu I was told it could of been a good possibility and the rectifier smelled heavily of burnt electrical

Back