Changed battery, now won't start.....

crusty369

Registered
Just got my new Li Iron battery from Alien Motion. Installed it. Bike will crank but won't start. Pulled out the new battery, reinstalled the old one. Same thing.
Checked the fuse in the fuel relay, not blown.
Any ideas? Started fine yesterday. All I did was change the battery. Could disconnecting the battery have wiped my ECU?. Another fuse maybe?
2011 with only 1000 miles. ECU editor, tuned by Johnny Cheese....

I know you said ECU editor, but are you sure there is not a PC still on the bike??

does everything else power up when you turn it on? i would check all the fuses like gixerhp said it deffinately sounds like the problem

Sounds like a low voltage problem then!

Measure the voltage, while the bike is cranking!

Can't be low voltage batts....just started yesterday, no issue. New Battery is the same as a Ballistic, (12 cell). Cranks HARD. Will pull the dash panel and check the fuses. Maybe popped one when switching out the cells....

Is'nt the tip over switch located near the battery?? Any chance you knocked it off its clip, or would it not even crank if it was the tip over? The fuse sounds more likely though.

Depending on which terminal you connected first it's possible for you to have gotten a spark when you touched the cable to the battery. Sometimes even the smallest one will pop a fuse.

Bikes in neutral or kickstand is up? Kill switch off?

sounds more like a fuel delivery issue to me. I have a Ballistic battery so I know how hard it cranks. If the bike doesn't start it's either not getting spark or fuel. You mentioned that you didn't hear the fuel pump when you first turn on the key. Look for a loose connection there. Also check to make sure the connectors on your ECU are fully seated. If one or both are loose, its possible that the injectors aren't working. You could have knocked them loose replacing the battery.

C'mon Crusty,.... You can tell us, we want talk about you... "It was just the kill switch and its running like a champ now".... :laugh::poke:

Doooh....problem solved. Used the extra space in the battery box for the data logger. Knocked the switch out of center. What I get for not going through the instructions ....

crusty369 said:
Doooh....problem solved. Used the extra space in the battery box for the data logger. Knocked the switch out of center. What I get for not going through the instructions ....

Glad you got her fixed.

Back