Repair or replace

dave s

Registered
Already know the answer to this, but the tyre is Fairly new . Also just forked out alot for daughters wedding and could do without any more expense. I know there is no price on safety but I also don't ride mad
So repair or replace

IMG20230604164437.jpg

IMG20230604164433.jpg

Some of the internet expert will tell you don’t risk it! It’ll fail / you’ll die / buy a new Tyre etc etc.

The ones I use look like these….

57417046-C5E4-456D-B1EA-4A5C8996E20F.jpeg

The Spike is pulled through from the inside, the large flat area is glue’d on the inside. Never in decades of using them have I ever seen one fail or come out. It just doesn’t happen. The very worst case scenario is, very rarely, a badly fitted one may leak slowly. Which is no where near as bad as most punctures.

I have multiple external “sticky rope” plugs in daily use on my tractor, mower etc, I must have done dozens on Bobcats etc, but I only use them on cars and bikes as a temporary “get me home”, anything on the road gets tyre off internal repairs.

im not trying to be that “internet expert”, just someone who’s been plugging tyres for decades and never had an issue.

with this tool u can repair such a sh i tty screw issue
see Art. No. 10091800 ("leak set") for tubeless tires
at

or search the inet for "tubeless tire repair set"

did that some 3 or 4 thsd km before and it lasts
even i go faster than 200 km per h

u can trust that tool it realy works.
I thought this was a get you home repair not permanent, interesting though

All patched up and wheel refit, all for £20 thanks for all the advice. I must admit when I asked this question I was expecting for the sake of safety replace the tyre, thanks again

Back