Removing decals on tank?

KrunkyTB

Registered
Got a question about removing the decals on the tank. It looks like the factory clear coated over the decals, was wondering if I could take a precision knife to remove the decals and Hot wax the tank to smooth out the clear coat where the decals where. If anyone has any other techniques on doing this please let me know! Thanks for the responses

Your only option is to sand them off and have the tank repainted, if you really want a professional look.

P.

:rulez: something in the rule books about defacing a Busa. I think it has something to do with nuetering any male species. :moon:

actually it worked great, i took a razor blade and slowly and easily scraped underneath the decal, i have not had a chance to hotwax/buff the tank, but it doesnt mean crap since the paint is two different whites, I put the sides back on and the front dont match, so gonna get the front and tank painted anyhow, but a little scared to see if the front and tank dont match, how freakin hard is it to match a paint code??? Oh and the clear coate on the tank seemed almost like a sticker, it pealed just as easy as the decal once it was hot enough from the hair dryer!

Even though you're done now, future reference for anyone else: the decals on the tank are clear coated over. The decals on the sides are not.

actually it worked great, i took a razor blade and slowly and easily scraped underneath the decal, i have not had a chance to hotwax/buff the tank, but it doesnt mean crap since the paint is two different whites, I put the sides back on and the front dont match, so gonna get the front and tank painted anyhow, but a little scared to see if the front and tank dont match, how freakin hard is it to match a paint code??? Oh and the clear coate on the tank seemed almost like a sticker, it pealed just as easy as the decal once it was hot enough from the hair dryer!

Just out of curiousity, are you refering to the warning sticker on the top of the tank or are you refering to the graphic decals on the sides of the tank?

Back