reflectors

Seriously though, my problem with the reflectors is that they are just useless. If anyone can tell me when they will save your butt and do anything more than ass-up your ride lemme know.

We have reflectors and a rear fender all because of the DOT. The stickers on the tank and inners are there for legal reasons. Neither of these things serves any real purpose. Prove me wrong...or at least argue me wrong if you want... or just ignore my ass because really when it comes down to it, who gives a crap about reflectors?

ohh u want an argument there revlis? heres why u have to let ur reflectors and warning stickers and rear fender on..

because the "MAN" says soooooo...

ok not much of an argument huh.. oh well..

The MAN? You know he's the one responsible for putting that junk on there... I'll bet the reflectors are where they secret away the tracking device...

yall funny ...but i will have mine off this winter....
smile.gif

If they cant hear a 107db exhaust symphony and see a 55-60watt Hi/lo beam,then a 1 sq" reflector wont do the trick. A reflector has no effect when a driver is dialing someone on a cell phone. Also, I saw a special on 20/20 about the reflective material being combustable at high speeds, like Ninja eater said.
laugh.gif
mine were off b4 I left the dealer.

Now now, I never mentioned tearing any tag off any mattres. Fris, hope youre not tryin to set any one up here. Its not even cool to kid around the mattres thing. I know guys still doin hard time because of that.
wow.gif

I'm wondering what'll happen if I wear only reflective underwear on the bike. Will they ask me to remove it?
laugh.gif

pretty funny stuff, but side reflectors actually came from case law. i will have to look up the case. a semi truck that was without side reflectors on the sides of the trailer, was backing perpindicular into a dark road when some girl came along and stuck the trailers side going under it and died. her parents sued for big $$$. it was determined by judge and jury, that vehicles should have reflectors visible from the side, and adopted by most states into mv code.  now, what do motorcycles have to do with this? well with hayabusas being considered motor vehicles don't help non-reflector wanters. by the way,  if you get t-boned, the guy that struck you will have a good case of not having to pay you out, seeing your bike wasnt up to mv code... and the fact that,(" i did'nt see him!")

by the way, even (bicycles) have to have side reflectors according to most states mv code and a violation is a civil infraction!

<!--EDIT|the bigpunn
Reason for Edit: "hooked on phonics worked for me!"|1073374431 -->

Hmm, So maybe we can peal off the Busa's ass ugly little circles of crap and find some off of an Aprilia or something else that meets DOT regs?

Interesting, Though I would imagine that the liberal application of 3M Tape and not sitting in the middle of a road sideways may help reduce your chances of getting tagged?

Back