Removing Reflectors

Much thanx moondog, but that's an old pic. I now have a full Micron exhaust with the serpent headers. That thing is sweet, but you are right... you don't notice how sweet the Yosh bolt-ons sound unless you let someone else ride the bike and you can hear them. Actually, that was a pic of my bike before my crash at Laguna '03. The bike was totally restored with new Yosh's put on. I didn't have them on even 400 miles before I decided to go with the full exhaust. I love the dual look, but I've gotten bitten by the 1/4 mile track bug
wink.gif
, so I needed the extra hp and weight loss. If it weren't for the track, then I would still have the Yosh dual exhaust.

Brian

I think it's safe to say that the consensus here is that the bike looks better without them on, but if you want to leave them on, leave them on, don't take them off just because "everyone else is doing it."

It is a requirement to be a member here, read the FAQ!
smile.gif
Surprised the Admin hasn't asked you for a pic with them off yet, I believe it is a 30 day requirement then you are suspended from posting and can view only, can't remember.
wink.gif

BA, Lets see some recent pics. drlucian, Do your bike as you would your pesonal computer.. pesonalize it to YOUR liking..I personally don't like them..

finished_busa_004.jpg

justintime, we share a similar sense of irony and sarcasm, that sounds like something I would say.

I'm surprised such a banal topic would generate this interest.

I think they look ugly but they don't bother me enough to remove them. If it were possible to change the "gsx 1300r" and the kanji sticker to reflective as in the police car I would be interested too.

bacharles, love that chrome.

Actually you sort of hit on what is a bit of a standing joke... For the longest time anytime anyone new showed up, and posted pics of their Busa, they would catch all sorts of hell about the reflectors and "Warning" stickers... Just one of those things...

i only removed my reflectors because Rev told me I HAD to. but i'm leavin the warning labels! Yeah.. he won't get to ME with his "mind games"

laugh.gif
YEah well it's worth removing them for that extra 3-4 HP...

this may sound stupid but I tried taking my rear reflectors off and realized there must be another bolt inside the fender. I dont see how I can get to it.. I took the hump off back and cant see it down there.. any suggestions?

justintime, we share a similar sense of irony and sarcasm, that sounds like something I would say.

I'm surprised such a banal topic would generate this interest.

I think they look ugly but they don't bother me enough to remove them. If it were possible to change the "gsx 1300r" and the kanji sticker to reflective as in the police car I would be interested too.

bacharles,  love that chrome.
Yeah, it's all in good fun! As long as they don't bother you and you don't mind not being able to post, and view only, leave them on!
laugh.gif

Back