Reflective Jackets

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
First, thanks to all the folks that answered my stupid questions over the last few weeks...finally picked up my 03 busa a few days ago. AWESOME machine... far far faster than anything I'd ever imagine. I barely touch the throttle and I am at 90 mph!!! Went to a dealer to get some gloves and they were having a tent sale...for kaws, yamahas, etc...lots of people lookiing all over the place. Then, I pulled up in the Busa, I had 20 folks come over to look. Salespeople were pissed (not a Zuki dealer!!) Everyone lost interest in the other machines. They were hypnotized by the monster!

...Anyways, my wife is freaking out about my riding at night because I have no reflective or easy to see jacket. Can anyone shed some light on jackets that are light enough for driving in the summer yet, will get you noticed in the dark. I know Vanson has some Solar Jackets that glow in the dark but they are 750 dollars....trying to cut this in half.
Any ideas?

Most of the "textile jackets" have a reflective stripe on them as well as emblems and tags attached to zippers. I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket that I wear for summer riding. It is mesh, has pads to help cushion the impact (hopefully I'll never find out!!), and also has the reflective items I have commented about. Hopefully you will find what you are looking for. Any protection is better than no protection.

joe rocket (joerocket.com) has serveral nice jackets with a fair amount of reflective material on most.

the other thing you can do...Babu , is buy a roll of reflective tape(the kind you sew on) an' add it wherever she feels it's nessesary . the other thing you can do is throw them wrist/ankle reflective straps the road workers wear in yer hump . Then you could bring 'em out as required . Those straps are a couple inches wide,6 or so inches long , have a velcro fastening system at each end .
The other thing I do to get noticed from the side, at night, at high speed...."Tire Fly's". they work .
Use yer hi/lo switch ALOT, it gets you noticed . I've been preachin' that for a long time . At just about every intersection at night . Just be cool man . Be cautious .
She wants ya home in one piece . have a good 1 .

GET ONE OF THESE FOR YOUR HELMET. IT WILL HELP. CAN BE PAINTED TO MATCH.

high_tail_helmet.jpg

Iceman.....a little more detail please....what is that thing? A small reflector or light that you can put on a helmet? Where
do you get it or did you fashion it yourself?

There are also some reflective mesh vests, that cost less than $50 you can wear over your jacket. I think it's required on some military bases, but they're pretty inexpensive and you can slip them on over any leathers or gear that you want to wear.

SirUKbusa.....well I bet they see you coming at all hours of the night with that set up.

Thanks to all for your assistance...

Something else that you might want to try, Search for 3M reflective tape on the web, shop around and have a look, like Rubberside mentioned you can attach the stuff anywhere. they make a black reflective tape that might work really well and be pretty subtle in the daytime.

Back