RED Busa, Copper metal?!?!

T-Rav

Registered
Ok Org family,
I've been tossing the idea of going copper plated where everyone else does chrome. So far this is just an idea. I've found several places that do this type of work. Before I commit to it I just want some opinions how you think it would look. I've heard 2 no's already. I think it would look good as long as I go at it full circle. I concur that it wouldn't look right if I just did the rims or just the swing arm. But I do feel it wold look good if I did all the metal components. Let me know what you think and Be Better Than Blessed.:thumbsup:
About half way down this website is a Motorcycle Rim done in Copper. Imagine that on my Red Busa to the left of your screen and it may help you get a visual.
SPS Chrome

Sounds like a great idea to me! Will it turn green like copper?

Sounds like a great idea to me! Will it turn green like copper?

That's what I was thinking! If you do this to the whole bike then the time it takes to clean the bike, will be worse than chrome.. IMO... But, I think it would look nice on a show bike.

I'm sure you there is away to stop this from happening. It would have to be some sort of clear coat.

I have always done thing for me and the way I like it, Make it yours... Also to be different is good.

Beleive me I know, I have way to many Harley buddies asking me ( WHY WHY ) A SPORTBIKE. Cause Im me. Ohhhhhh and I like to go fast.

Is say go for it . . .

000_1546.jpg

OCC made a copper bike.

Attachments

• spaceball33.bmp
    1.1 KB · Views: 220
I had to polish enough brass in the Marine Corps. The coating would not last long. I think it would be more trouble than it is worth. :poke:

think about how expensive copper is to boot and how many random azzholes will try to snatch it off your bike for money. nice idea but too risky in my opinion.:whistle:

As their website demonstrates the Copper plating is just one (some places more than one) of the steps in chroming a wheel. So getting them plated in just copper should be less expensive than the full chrome job. I would think that you could get them clear powder coated after the final polishing. I have seen show bikes done in copper before but not sure how well they would work out on a daily ride.

OCC had to go to some work to keep the copper from oxidizing... not sure what they did but it was a keynote brought up on the episode where they used copper from the statue of liberty on the bike..

Back