Advice on Changing Bike Stickers

samurai1833

Registered
I recently purchased a set of silver lettering stickers to replace the dark brown currently on my 1999 copper colored Busa.

I was wondering if I should first remove the old stuff and put the new on or just cover the old with the new.

I have a chrome sportech windshield, polished rims and a polished frame, I like the unique copper (brown) color of the bike but it's a bitch trying to get accessories that match.

I'm looking for the silver chrome to pull it all together. Any thoughts?

I would put them over the top, the stickers are not going to come off very easily and you will most likely damage the paint in the process.  Plus with the stickers being 5 years old they are seated well and might be a little more brittle.  Good luck with it.  Are they from Tapeworks?

<!--EDIT|ThunderPants
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087934018 -->

If you buy the decals from Tapeworks they actually make them oversized so you can put them over the top. If you get them elsewhere and they are the same size, you will need to remove the old decals. removal isn't tht hard....just use a razor blade and a hair dryer. the dryer is very important. heat up the area that you are removing...get it started and pull. Keep heating as you go. When it cools, the glue sets again. Once you get the decals off, use Goop Off to clear any left over adhessive.

TAKE YOUR TIME!

whats with the double post
rock.gif

Back