Recommended Mods for comfort

Grim

Registered
Can anyone recommend mods that will make the bike more comfortable for long rides? What Brand and approx cost. I hear alot of good things about the Tobin seat and looking to get one in the future.

spongebob.gif

Um... Tobin is a badass seat, but prolly wont do much for your long term comfort. Seat wise I would say check into Corbin or Maybe the Suzuki Gel. Bar wise, I think Heli-Bars are the most elegent way to improve your comfort without assing up your ride, but you can also get a fat plate from Gen-Mar which will raise your Bars and the entire tripple tree cover...but I think it's ugly, you have reaper risers....again ugly... and finally you have convertibars, which while sorta strange at least look like they are supposed to be there.

So in Short, get a good seat, then Raise the bars. After that you might want to consider a Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen... Ok yeah it's sorta fugly but it's supposed to be really nice on long rides...

Heli-Bars and ZG Sport Tourer Screen make a big difference. I was looking for a sport tour set up and found this to give me a great all around bike.

Double bubble or sport touring screen
Gel seat
Heli bars or genmar risers or reapers risers
TL foot pegs

risers
gel seat
throttle meister/ or equivalant cruise
double bubble/ touring screen

makes for a very very comfy 500 mi trip
wink.gif

rev I have genmar's and MOST people don't even know they are on there.... they think its factory... I think it looks waaaay bettter than reapers...

Genmar bar riser(used $75), Corbin seat (used $400), Lockhart Phillips LP-360 foot pegs ($35), Throttle Meister ($125), Stem Stand (with radar, ($375)), & Givi luggage (tank bag T-430 $89, saddles T-431, $125)!

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083071261 -->

Heli-bars (used) $110
Corbin seat (used) $125
throttle lock $10
Tobin seat with extra padding (monogramed) $140

Only get the sport -touring scren if ...you guessed it you are gonna do some long distance touring.. I have one and love it, but its butt ugly for day to day riding and looks out of place .

I have the heli-bars, mirror extendors, Tobin seat, Lockhart Phillips pegs, and the Rocket locker (hooks in where hump is) bag.

Also, head to Target and buy some Tennis racket gel grip tape. It really works great for your grips.

Anyone know a good place to by the ZG Sport Touring Screen? I have the DB now but will be traveling this summer on her.

Thanks,

Paul

Back