TOBIN SEAT

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I am also thinking of getting a tobin seat, Curious are these seats comfortable for long rides or are they made primarilly for racing. Im looking for a seat I can ride on for a couple hours.

They are a great touring seat.
thumb_up.gif

I can go 3hrs in the saddle on the last day of a 4 day 1500 mile trip with my Tobin. 70 minutes was painful on the stocker.

If you choose, you can also go the route I chose... I work for a company that manufactures our own 3 wheeled vehicle.. The company that builds our seats was so impressive that I had them build me a seat for my hayabusa... The took my spare stock seat (I was using a gel seat), shaved an inch of foam, replaced it with a better type of foam, added a pro pad and then did a full custom cover... It's hands down the best seat I've ridden with.. On your average weekend I'll ride 500-700 miles and I don't find myself "shifting in the seat" for comfort like I used to, and I no longer have the heat soak problem that gel seats are so well known for... If anyone is interested their website is http://www.happybuttsrus.com/

onebadbusa.jpg

Tobin is a great seat, sits lower and rides better. Great company to deal with
beerchug.gif

The Tobin is comfy, it has a lot of foam shaved off but it is sculpted and shaved in the right places for better comfort.

Tobin is an honest reliable guy with a good product. Busy time so just make sure you set up a schedule in advance with him.

Primarily designed for racing, but is very comfy. Have had mine on for about 4 years and had no comfort problems. The look was probably more of the reason I got mine, but have not regretted it at all.
super.gif
Check out my thread: Tobin Seats

Tobin didn't feel good to me. I have Rizoma rearsets and didn't matter where I adjusted the rearsets to. The Tobin seat caused too much pressure in crotch area because of the cut in the seat. Sold and went back to the stock seat. Might try a Corbin here soon.

Not to hijack the thread, but does the Tobin seat get hot from the engine heat like the Suzuki Gel seat does after riding the bike for a while??

Tobin didn't feel good to me.  I have Rizoma rearsets and didn't matter where I adjusted the rearsets to.  The Tobin seat caused too much pressure in crotch area because of the cut in the seat.  Sold and went back to the stock seat.  Might try a Corbin here soon.
I love my corbin.. They have more surface area, that will prevent your problem.. I am sure the tobins are comfortable and they look great, but I don't see how (I'm not saying they are not), but I just don't see how using the same pan they can be as comfortable as a corbin.

Take the fact that you can sell your stock seat and they are less expensive than a tobin.

If you choose, you can also go the route I chose... I work for a company that manufactures our own 3 wheeled vehicle.. The company that builds our seats was so impressive that I had them build me a seat for my hayabusa...  The took my spare stock seat (I was using a gel seat), shaved an inch of foam, replaced it with a better type of foam, added a pro pad and then did a full custom cover... It's hands down the best seat I've ridden with.. On your average weekend I'll ride 500-700 miles and I don't find myself "shifting in the seat" for comfort like I used to, and I no longer have the heat soak problem that gel seats are so well known for... If anyone is interested their website is http://www.happybuttsrus.com/
Thanks for sharing the info. Post some pics of the seat they made for you.

Back